Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - Page 12
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    Anyone use this after an ultimate liquid wax?

My traditional method was ULP then ULW then maint. with UQW while drying. I guess that the UCW may be my new go to.

Thanks!
    Yes I just did ULW last week then after washing this week did the Hybrid Ceramic Wax via the drying aid method (spray on wet car and dry). Seems to have worked great. 👍🏼

Registered Member

Brian or Nick,

Is there a cure time between applying HCW (via the drying aid method) and then applying a layer of UFF? How long should I wait?

Registered Member

Will applying a synthetic wax like Ul Liquid Wax OR a professional cleaner wax like M06 Cleaner/Wax on top of HCW have any (positive or negative) affect on HCW?

Vettefan

Quote Originally Posted by Vettefan View Post
    Will applying a synthetic wax like Ul Liquid Wax OR a professional cleaner wax like M06 Cleaner/Wax on top of HCW have any (positive or negative) affect on HCW?

Vettefan

It is reasonable to figure that a cleaner wax - or anything with an abrasive could adversely affect the HCW by abrading some, if not all of it away. Applying a non abrasive sealant would mute the properties of the HCW and you would get the effects of the sealant topper instead of the hydrophobic properties of HCW.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub Brian Hann's Avatar

No, there is no cure time need for Hybrid Ceramic Wax. If you are planning on using it with any other wax or sealant you really should apply the other product first and then apply the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Quote Originally Posted by Vettefan View Post

Vettefan

Don hit the nail on the head with his response!
    Brian Hann
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hann View Post
    No, there is no cure time need for Hybrid Ceramic Wax. If you are planning on using it with any other wax or sealant you really should apply the other product first and then apply the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.
    Thank you Brian and Don. Sounds like get the car looking as nice as can be, then apply HCW to lock it in.

Vettefan

Registered Member

Just used HCW on my F150 after a wash w the gold wash. First application I did as suggested with an ample spray and wipe on. I rinsed, dried and then applied a 2nd time with the light spray and rinse off method. The first step did not bead much (as someone had indicated in the thread). The 2nd application beaded immediately as I rinsed.

Next I’m going to use it on a “new to me” 91 Corvette that’s in great shape. I plan to wash with the Gold, clay, polish (orbital buffer) with Meguiars Polish and then I question if I should directly go to the HCW or if I should use something to remove the oils from the polish first. Any advise on that would be appreciated. I know in the application of Ceramic coatings they recommend an alcohol wipe. What’s my best approach for max shine and adherence? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasfxlt View Post
    Just used HCW on my F150 after a wash w the gold wash. First application I did as suggested with an ample spray and wipe on. I rinsed, dried and then applied a 2nd time with the light spray and rinse off method. The first step did not bead much (as someone had indicated in the thread). The 2nd application beaded immediately as I rinsed.

Next I’m going to use it on a “new to me” 91 Corvette that’s in great shape. I plan to wash with the Gold, clay, polish (orbital buffer) with Meguiars Polish and then I question if I should directly go to the HCW or if I should use something to remove the oils from the polish first. Any advise on that would be appreciated. I know in the application of Ceramic coatings they recommend an alcohol wipe. What’s my best approach for max shine and adherence? Thanks in advance.

First, just to be clear, this is not a ceramic coating. Secondly, to answer your question, you do not need to strip anything off before using the Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Doing all of your claying, compounding, polishing, and traditional waxing (if you choose) before HCW is important to it's effectiveness but in your scenario there is no reason why you couldn't just apply the HCW after polishing.
    Brian Hann
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Registered Member

Yes, I understand HCW is neither ceramic or wax (based on what I’ve read here). I’ll try applying it after I use the Meguiars Polish. I’m tempted to do a wax layer first for some added luster then finish with the HCW. In theory if you use the HCW frequently enough the wax layer almost becomes permanent.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread Information