Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - Page 6
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I'm very excited to try this product! Will it be sold at Walmart? I've been using UFF since it came out and have had great results with it, I love the fact that it acts similar to a ceramic coating (very hydrophobic) and I find the protection to be very strong (I get a lot of bird bombs on my finish at work and it used to leave etchings in the paint in the past, but with UFF I don't have any paint etching!) UFF is very easy to use and I love the idea that this product is even easier to use!
    2018 Torch Red Corvette

I'd say after watching some videos. UFF is as easy. The benefit over UFF is that it can be (or should be) used when the car is wet. The harder stream you use to wash it off the more you will gain.

So: UFF on a dry car, HCW on wet car. Also UFF up to a year, HCW 2-4 month (depending on condition of the car)

Quote Originally Posted by snozan View Post
    Also UFF up to a year, HCW 2-4 month (depending on condition of the car)
    Not according to Nick Winn, in this very thread he says this:

Regarding durability, Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax has similar durability to our Ultimate Fast Finish, but remember, durability all depends on maintenance.
    2018 Torch Red Corvette

Aha, i took from what i learned looking on youtube clips. It really dosent matter if it only lasts 2-4 months for me, because am sure gonna wash my car more then that. And say use the HCW once a month. Mostely winter time.

My once a year process consists of: washing, clay, UC, UP and two coats of ULW and finally UFF. Maintenance during summertime is with UQD and sometimes UQW. So i really have no clue how i should fit this HCW in the process aswell, more then being a winter thing when its harder to get the car totally dry, and when that dosent matter

Registered Member

Like the poster above, I’m having a hard time picturing where this fits into my maintenance schedule - my twice a year with UP, UW, UFF, or my routine cleaning with UQD, UQW?

Registered Member

I'm like Cranston (pretty much the same process too)...where DOES this fit? I can see the benefit 'cause it can get into the all those little nicks and crevices. Kinda seems redundant (to me), so what am I missing?

Bill

Registered Member

Which has bettter shine? Hybrid ceramic or Ultimate Fast FInish?

Quote Originally Posted by snozan View Post
    Aha, i took from what i learned looking on youtube clips. It really dosent matter if it only lasts 2-4 months for me, because am sure gonna wash my car more then that. And say use the HCW once a month. Mostely winter time.

My once a year process consists of: washing, clay, UC, UP and two coats of ULW and finally UFF. Maintenance during summertime is with UQD and sometimes UQW. So i really have no clue how i should fit this HCW in the process aswell, more then being a winter thing when its harder to get the car totally dry, and when that dosent matter
    You can use it as a stand alone form of protection. Polish, wash and follow up with ceramic wax. Maintain with ceramic wax every few washes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranston37 View Post
    Like the poster above, I’m having a hard time picturing where this fits into my maintenance schedule - my twice a year with UP, UW, UFF, or my routine cleaning with UQD, UQW?
    See my previous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    I'm like Cranston (pretty much the same process too)...where DOES this fit? I can see the benefit 'cause it can get into the all those little nicks and crevices. Kinda seems redundant (to me), so what am I missing?

Bill
    Just a different form of protection. SiO2 aka (ceramic, quartz, glass, etc.) products add an increase in gloss and in general are more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Which has bettter shine? Hybrid ceramic or Ultimate Fast FInish?
    Ceramic wax will more than likely have more shine. See my previous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You can use it as a stand alone form of protection. Polish, wash and follow up with ceramic wax. Maintain with ceramic wax every few washes.

So i can cut alot of corners. Wash, clay, polish then HCW and am done getting the same result and benefits as if i would have done the "old": wash, clay, UP, OC 2 coats of ULW followed up with UFF?

I can do the UFF aswell as stand alone, so which would be best? And what route should i take?

The long road or the shorter one.

Registered Member

Thanx Mike (Guz) for the added info.

I'm gonna give it shot (actually was gonna anyway-just 'because') when it becomes available locally. If nothing else, I'm sure it will help save wheels during the winter (expletive delete) we go thru.

Happy New Year!

Bill

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread Information