• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Originally posted by Thomasfxlt View Post
    Yes, I understand HCW is neither ceramic or wax (based on what I’ve read here). I’ll try applying it after I use the Meguiars Polish. I’m tempted to do a wax layer first for some added luster then finish with the HCW. In theory if you use the HCW frequently enough the wax layer almost becomes permanent.
    Again, to be clear for those reading in the future. This product is exactly what it says it is, a hybrid employing both ceramic Si02 and synthetic polymer technology. It does indeed contain ceramic technology but that does not make it nor are we claiming it to be a ceramic coating. Sorry to push so hard for clarity here but there is a lot of misinformation and inaccuracy related to this product and surrounding terminology.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

I like to blow dry my vehicle, removing the majority of the water and then do a final wipe down. When laying the base layer of HCW, is this method sufficient or should it be wiped off when fully wet?

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi's_Bu View Post
        I like to blow dry my vehicle, removing the majority of the water and then do a final wipe down. When laying the base layer of HCW, is this method sufficient or should it be wiped off when fully wet?
        You definitely want it fairly wet. This stuff is THICK. If you spray it on an almost dry panel you're going to have a hell of a time spreading it, avoiding streaks and buffing off.

Comment

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax is an Sio2 based, easy to apply, spray on protection product! In this video...we put the product through the Apex Detail Review ...

This is how I've been applying HCW. I works GREAT and uses very little product. I currently have 4 applications on my Camaro and it seems like each application makes the car darker and slicker.

Here is the beading after 1 week, over 500 miles and a light rain ...

Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Hi guys!

I just bought that new Hybrid Ceramic Wax, and I got the ultimate fast finish and some ultimate liquid wax too.

Now I applied the liquid wax THEN the ultimate last finish to protect the gloss and the paint.

About this Ceramic Wax....when I have to apply to have best result? Obviously, I don't apply fast finish every wash!

Thank you in advance.

Comment

$33 for a bottle in Sweden... Guess you US peeps dosent understand how lucky you are

Comment

Originally posted by eliogolf93 View Post
                Hi guys!

I just bought that new Hybrid Ceramic Wax, and I got the ultimate fast finish and some ultimate liquid wax too.

Now I applied the liquid wax THEN the ultimate last finish to protect the gloss and the paint.

About this Ceramic Wax....when I have to apply to have best result? Obviously, I don't apply fast finish every wash!

Thank you in advance.
                Meguiars said it's best applied as the last product, if you layer multiple. So after UFF.

Comment

Originally posted by parker23 View Post
                  Meguiars said it's best applied as the last product, if you layer multiple. So after UFF.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Some of the best info straight from the source on it.

99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Good video. Answers a lot of obvious questions about the name of the product. I’ve been using HCW for 2 weeks now and have applied it to two different vehicles and it works. After you do the initial wipe-in, the spray on maintenance method is amazingly simple and vehicle drying is a fraction of the work. I like it.

Comment

Thanx for the link Mike.

Was kinda concerned when I saw the length (40min), but it was a good 40 min!

Bill

Comment

Good video. Answers a lot of obvious questions about the name of the product. I’ve been using HCW for 2 weeks now and have applied it to two different vehicles and it works. After you do the initial wipe-in, the spray on maintenance method is amazingly simple and vehicle drying is a fraction of the work. I like it.
                          Looks like you will see how it works in snow this week (yuk - I still have a 5' drift in the back yard). Please come back and give a report on how it did.

Bill

Bill

Comment

The rain yesterday helped but it looks like winter is not giving up it’s ghost just yet. I’m suppose to drive to Chicago on Thursday... ugh.

Comment

So now I’m thinking about trying this as a semi-waterless detailer. I’d hate to use a something else on top of it so once you go HCW it seems you’re kind of committed. I’m thinking I’ll try misting the surface with plain water from a spray bottle and then use a damp cloth w small amount of product. Sort of the “drying aid” method but starting w dry car and then misting panel by panel. I think the key will be making sure the surface is cool/out of the sun. Obviously not something to do with a really dirty surface but as a quick touch up.

Comment

So now I’m thinking about trying this as a semi-waterless detailer. I’d hate to use a something else on top of it so once you go HCW it seems you’re kind of committed. I’m thinking I’ll try misting the surface with plain water from a spray bottle and then use a damp cloth w small amount of product. Sort of the “drying aid” method but starting w dry car and then misting panel by panel. I think the key will be making sure the surface is cool/out of the sun. Obviously not something to do with a really dirty surface but as a quick touch up.
                                I'd be surprised if that works since it comes out so thick but let us know! I'm curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');