• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rotary buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rotary buffer

I started professional detailing in 1993. 2001 My own business. Started with the Porter cable 7424 for polishing out of saftey. I had 3 years previous experience with the Dewalt and Makita rotary buffers. Those machines, pad/products avalible at the time I started : Brute force, buff out prepared car in 1-2 hours. Times have changed. When I started working for myself I only used and had massive results with the Porter cable 7424/7336 with my own custom combo of pads and product. I was scorned on forums claiming I could polish out sanding scratches and other defects with a DA polisher. I DID. They said "only a rotary can do that" So I bought the best rotary polishers available: Dewalt and Makita. With those machines I learned the true art of rotary buffing. Definitely a difference in results between experience : new, 3 months, 1 year, 3 year, 10 year, 15 year, 20 year. You never stop getting better. I believe the rotary is the tool for the true artist in the detail industry. The D/A polishers are amazing and now the average Bart can have pro results with little or no training. It is a market grab. Pro results with this "safe machine" anyone can use, is misleading. The action of the DA is violent and will destroy sensitive paint. New finishes can handle it, but old paint gets ripped apart. The smooth spinning action of a rotary allows pinpoint visual of spot being worked in real time, with a DA it is hidden and you must wipe off to see results. Hence no true control. No good for me. My call on on Rotary vs DA IS Clear. The highly experienced use rotary, the consumer
    market uses DA.

Re: The rotary buffer

Coming from a guy who has detailed over 12,000 cars and cleaned over 30,000. Detail major cars that sway the market, break auction records, win shows, and boggle my mind.

Comment

Re: The rotary buffer

I owe love of the art to Ferrari and Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');