• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critique my website... my prices... Please and thank you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my website... my prices... Please and thank you guys!

Hey all good morning... I have quite a few questions but I will stick with just a couple for now.... I would greatly appreciate anyone chiming in with any opinions and or ideas that could help me out.

*** my website is www.josher.biz Under services > car wash I have prices up there $35, 45, and 55... that's for a basic car wash 55-85 minutes depending. NOW the question I have is.... How do I add a price for a 'car wash' for a super car? I know this guy that strictly does lots of high end cars... I mystery shopped him and his was price for a Lamborghini Huracan is $80 dollars... If my prices already say 35,45, and 55... What do i do ? add a page that says 'supercar car wash' ? I believe a car that has a value of 10x or MORE than a regular car should cost more to wash.... especially since I have insurance to cover the more expensive cars as well as the cheaper ones... either way I am stumped how I should sell a car wash to a more high end car owner?

***The other day I was asked how much to detail a 37' RV inside and out... UGH now that is a head spinner for me. I am guessing I could charge something like $600 dollars or so and spend 2 days on it.. 16-20 hours? I did tell them I want to see pictures inside and out OR even better come by to see their RV so I could give a more precise quote... (never done an RV before but this was referred to me by my first boat customer ever so I guess the boat turned out ok )

Thanks for the help guys!!

p.s. I struggle with advertising and don't even know where to begin really but in a week or two my Sprinter van will be fully wrapped.... I hope that helps me a bit

Re: Critique my website... my prices... Please and thank you guys!

let`s start:
    home page - a pic with your van unwrapped....sitting duck at the curb.....not the best image you can project for your business. so...lack on info on home page.

contact - on all pages i have to scroll down to see the info ...adjust that gap so it loads up in the page. "will travel further for additional fee" , that should be in the services page not contact , what you can include in contact , is "about your business " or about you , or a fill in contact us boxes.

services- how about you focus on your own services and process and not gossip about other detailers or other peoples prices. is just not professional. if you are unhappy with fix prices you can remove them , or add a range, simple. plus is not nice to differ the prices for higher end , and at end of the day you are in business for cleaning cars and run a business, charging more on hi end without a base is not professional, yes if you deliver better quality on that hi-end or you do custom work on it than charge accordingly . in your services i dont recall seeing extra charge or disclaimer if the cars are soiled......

gallery - not existent, what you have there is a mess , few random pictures , it should show Quality or volume / and what you are capable of....

yes... you do have to invest in marketing , free social media , is ok , but not enough , start network , go where the money are.....
    proreflection
    *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmin View Post
      let`s start:
      home page - a pic with your van unwrapped....sitting duck at the curb.....not the best image you can project for your business. so...lack on info on home page.

contact - on all pages i have to scroll down to see the info ...adjust that gap so it loads up in the page. "will travel further for additional fee" , that should be in the services page not contact , what you can include in contact , is "about your business " or about you , or a fill in contact us boxes.

services- how about you focus on your own services and process and not gossip about other detailers or other peoples prices. is just not professional. if you are unhappy with fix prices you can remove them , or add a range, simple. plus is not nice to differ the prices for higher end , and at end of the day you are in business for cleaning cars and run a business, charging more on hi end without a base is not professional, yes if you deliver better quality on that hi-end or you do custom work on it than charge accordingly . in your services i dont recall seeing extra charge or disclaimer if the cars are soiled......

gallery - not existent, what you have there is a mess , few random pictures , it should show Quality or volume / and what you are capable of....

yes... you do have to invest in marketing , free social media , is ok , but not enough , start network , go where the money are.....

Thank you so much for the help you gave me above Cosmin! I will work on all the matters you brought up and adjust them to help improve my business as a whole and website.. I like that you said your mind because that's exactly what I needed.... I am a person of my ways (like most of us are) and I am trying to be a lot more open minded and sometimes it's hard to change habits without some helpful criticism. Regarding my home page 'sitting duck' I already have my Van Wrap finalized.... waiting on the company to print the wrap and schedule me in... I will be updating my home page with a picture of my Van finished and wrapped in the next week or two... That is why I left the home page as is but you're right, it's plain with NOTHING on the home page. My wrap will also include a new logo for my business. I appreciate you pointing out for me to talk about my own business and services and not point fingers at others / gossip or what not. That is the stuff I'm so glad you pointed out because I don't always see things from others views... so thank you for helping me see that.

Gallery: Yes .... it's really just my instagram page thrown up with pictures of cars I have detailed... some random pictures and videos of car shows I attend... My vision for my gallery moving forward is to keep it my instagram page but just take pictures of EVERY car I do no matter if it's a wash, exterior detail, interior detail.... or anything I just need to get ALL of my work documented as well as get my van in the background of all or most of the pictures I take of customers cars.... especially since the wrap will have all my info on it, it will act as a watermark copyright per se. Any picture I don't have with my van in the backdrop I will have to include my own watermark copyright. What are your views on this game plan for the gallery? Pictures of ALL my work (quantity - to show how active I am with the work I do) I also want to put up 1 minute or less videos of me doing work from time to time.... what are your thoughts on that as well?

The marketing aspect of things so far lays at.... a semi established facebook page (no advertising on FB yet but plan to in near future 1-3 months) Instagram being highly engaged building my account trying to target other IG accounts mainly in my local area.. My newest form of advertising will be my Sprinter Van wrap which will be finished in about 1-2 weeks... i'll try to post an image of the wrap just to show you guys.. (I am not looking for much criticism for or about the wrap as it is final and I am 110% ready to roll with this particular wrap) I don't mind if someone wants to tell me something negative or positive about it, it just won't effect the wraps outcome. (I really have NO clue what to expect from having my van wrapped....) I do plan on parking my van in HIGH FLOW areas quite often whenever it is I don't have work which requires me to use the van..... Also I plan on driving my van WAY MORE as a daily driver rather than my Focus ST to promote my business and services.

Again Cosmin I really appreciate the constructive criticism to assist with helping me pin point issues that need to be addressed. I have realized starting a business is NOT EASY but I am excited again and giving it all I got with this new year coming up and my new commitments to myself I have agreed to achieve. Thank you sir.

Comment

Here are a few finalized images of my wrap... I drop my van off today and get it back Wednesday next week! Very excited to get it back and begin this new year coming up

Comment

the wrap is too plain , ask them to put some king of background like lines , dots, faded colors... etc, also if the logos of those company don`t sponsor you....i wouldn`t list their logo on your van, you may regret later, or if you don`t have any straight/official connection with them than don`t.

with video is easy you open an youtube account ,upload vids than make a playlist , you can adjust the playlist later...\

with pictures , the best is if you focus on before/after pic with same angles. also the gallery has to represent you, so is good to be king of organized , show quality , or what ever you wanna project. but random and chaos will not bring quality for sure.

it never hurts to cruise on a few websites , detailing or not and gather ideas....you may need to invest in website too at some point....and get it all professional looking

about marketing , go kick some doors and build up a network , car related or not...
          proreflection
          *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmin View Post
            the wrap is too plain , ask them to put some king of background like lines , dots, faded colors... etc, also if the logos of those company don`t sponsor you....i wouldn`t list their logo on your van, you may regret later, or if you don`t have any straight/official connection with them than don`t.

with video is easy you open an youtube account ,upload vids than make a playlist , you can adjust the playlist later...\

with pictures , the best is if you focus on before/after pic with same angles. also the gallery has to represent you, so is good to be king of organized , show quality , or what ever you wanna project. but random and chaos will not bring quality for sure.

it never hurts to cruise on a few websites , detailing or not and gather ideas....you may need to invest in website too at some point....and get it all professional looking

about marketing , go kick some doors and build up a network , car related or not...

You're the man Cosmin, Thanks for the great help! Regarding the wrap it is all said and done... like i said i can't take 100 people and ask them to agree on a wrap let alone 5 people.... So I just am rolling with what I got. Regarding the logos I'm a gambling man... Great ideas and advice for the gallery and website!! I need to get consistent with angles like you say befores / afters. I'll come up with a game plan for my gallery and implement it as well as get an updated website feell / look or at least complete... Great idea on the knocking on doors basically... I did create two fliers I am distributing in my direct residential area 2 mile radius... I pass the fliers out randomly and mark the streets / dates I have distributed. I plan to get in many car forums and show up at their parking lot meet n greets... I actually plan on an underbody light kit for those meetups at night. :b Again thank you for the time you took to help me! I most certainly appreciate it!

Comment

it may be just be but the wrap makes josher mobile auto detailing look like a supplier for mobile detailing supplies . although the wrap is done you may want to think about adding some to it to tell possible clients what josher mobile auto detailing does. might want to come up with a business catch phrase,too; something like,"full service detail from top to bottom front to back."
              also might want to put on there what else you detail. motorcycles?speed boats?pontoon boats?airplanes? semis?
              maybe do a search for "mobile auto detailing" and see what others are using there to get some inspiration. make it stand out,too.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsteve View Post
                it may be just be but the wrap makes josher mobile auto detailing look like a supplier for mobile detailing supplies . although the wrap is done you may want to think about adding some to it to tell possible clients what josher mobile auto detailing does. might want to come up with a business catch phrase,too; something like,"full service detail from top to bottom front to back."
                also might want to put on there what else you detail. motorcycles?speed boats?pontoon boats?airplanes? semis?
                maybe do a search for "mobile auto detailing" and see what others are using there to get some inspiration. make it stand out,too.

I'll just hope the wrap 'as is' will help with what I'm going for since it's half way done already.. I definitely need to take you up on your ideas of adding rv's, boats, planes etc.. to my website thank you! And ever since i read your message here the other day i've been trying to come up with a catch phrase lol.... dangit in time, it'll come thank you for your help and comments! I can come back here and re-read what all has been suggested as I'm working on my site.

Comment

the guys sent me a 'teaser' picture today! I am getting pretty dang excited!

Comment

lookin good! that catch phrase will come. ya might want to have a notepad handy because "the one" could materialize while youre just driving down the road.

Comment

Hey fellas I have my van back and am super excited!! this week has been my busiest week EVER actually... I even washed a 44 foot RV... have a detail today and mini interior detail after... and a detail tomorrow. I am sooo sore!!! I washed Daily Driven Exotics Audi R8 the other day and they are going to put me in their Vlog today or tomorrow it comes out. They said 'expect a lot of people to be calling you after the video goes up' I am so excited for 2019! anyway here are some pictures of my van.... I didn't update the website (i'm not very good at website design ughhh!!!) It is just WIX that i'm using but I get frustrated trying to get it put together... maybe I need to pay someone a few hundred $$ to spruce up my site for me...?

Comment

SWEEEEET!!! they posted the video like 5 minutes ago https://youtu.be/xNhnNp9oBmc

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');