How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

          
  1. #31
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,358
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    New How to Video Up, check it out in below thread

    How to: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - New Video Feb 2019
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  2. #32
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Fairmont, MN
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    I screwed up this post...let's try again.

  3. #33
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Fairmont, MN
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    Hmmm, doesn't want to let me use "quote" properly.

    Thanx!

    Bill

  4. #34
    Mr Sparkle davey g-force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,286
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    Can't wait to get my hands on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

  5. #35
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Suburban Washington DC
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    No, that's not a concern. We just don't want folks deciding that it's so good on paint they want to hose down the windshield with it.
    But how do you hose off the roof without hosing off the windshield?

  6. #36
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,358
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    It works great on wheels! Spray, rinse, dry and you're done!

    It's really formulated to bond, on a molecular level, with paint. Glass poses a different surface composition and the bonding may not be complete on it. Our typical recommendation is to avoid paint protectants on glass due to the possibility of too much being applied and then streaking happening during rainfall at night. That said, we know some of you are going to experiment anyway, and some may even get excellent results. We just don't recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    No, that's not a concern. We just don't want folks deciding that it's so good on paint they want to hose down the windshield with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    But how do you hose off the roof without hosing off the windshield?
    This is no concern. M Stoop's point was that it does not work as well or last as long on glass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    It works great on wheels! Spray, rinse, dry and you're done!


    It's really formulated to bond, on a molecular level, with paint. Glass poses a different surface composition and the bonding may not be complete on it. Our typical recommendation is to avoid paint protectants on glass due to the possibility of too much being applied and then streaking happening during rainfall at night. That said, we know some of you are going to experiment anyway, and some may even get excellent results. We just don't recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    No, that's not a concern. We just don't want folks deciding that it's so good on paint they want to hose down the windshield with it.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  7. #37
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Suburban Washington DC
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    I applied this for the first time as directed. This morning I noticed some streaks where I assume I didn't get it completely dry. Tried to wipe with a damp MF without much improvement. Does that mean it has cured and would need more effort to eliminate?

  8. #38
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,358
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    I applied this for the first time as directed. This morning I noticed some streaks where I assume I didn't get it completely dry. Tried to wipe with a damp MF without much improvement. Does that mean it has cured and would need more effort to eliminate?
    We would recommend using more water to assist in removal, at the most, we would imagine a mild cleaner wax would remove.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  9. #39
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    How much additional corrosion resistance does hybrid ceramic wax offer? I just waxed my new car using ULW recently, applied two coats, but after driving for a month I still found one or two water spots that have etched in. I heard ceramic coating have better corrosion resistance compared to sealant, was wondering if this will further help prevent such issues.

    Also, will microfiber cloth used to wipe this product form ceramic crystals?

  10. #40
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,358
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

    Quote Originally Posted by alexw32 View Post
    How much additional corrosion resistance does hybrid ceramic wax offer? I just waxed my new car using ULW recently, applied two coats, but after driving for a month I still found one or two water spots that have etched in. I heard ceramic coating have better corrosion resistance compared to sealant, was wondering if this will further help prevent such issues.

    Also, will microfiber cloth used to wipe this product form ceramic crystals?
    It's tough to say how much more it will help with stain resistance, but being that Ceramic/Si02 based chemistry is in general better protection, more durable, & longer lasting, the answer is yes, is should help a small amount more against water spots/stains. The only way to prevent against water spots & bird dropping stains, etc., is to remove them ASAP.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •