• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colored waxes: Turtle Wax Color Magic or Formula 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored waxes: Turtle Wax Color Magic or Formula 1?

I've used the Turtle Wax https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-FG...078QVR8GQ?th=1 in black and dark blue to hide fine scratches on a hood or bumper with good results. Of course it doesn't remove the scratches but hides them by filling in the white looking scratches with color matching wax. Now I need it for a red car but Turtle Wax has discontinued that line except for black and there is only some left over red bottles available online for $27. I found Formula 1 https://www.formula1wax.com/collecti.../color-wax-red which seems to be similar for only $6. Has anybody tried both to compare how they work?

Re: Colored waxes: Turtle Wax Color Magic or Formula 1?

You are probably not going to get much help on those waxes with this being a Meguiar's forum. Have you considered one of the Meguiar's cleaner waxes which will remove defects.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Of course, I've used 205 on the areas but there is only so much that will do on rock chips and scratches.

Comment

Have you looked at Dr. ColorChip?

Comment

I've done similar to Dr. but this is a bumper with nooks and curves that make it impractical to use.

Comment

Originally posted by atikovi View Post
            Of course, I've used 205 on the areas but there is only so much that will do on rock chips and scratches.
            Rock chips are another story. You can use touch up paint as mentioned but if it is in really rough shape then you are looking at a repaint.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

I've only used the Turtle Wax version. Was not at all impressed. The chip was probably too big.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');