• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax & Ultimate Fast Finish (Part II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Wax & Ultimate Fast Finish (Part II)

I botched up my last post so here I go again . . . .

I am a new member from Orange County, CA. I

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax & Ultimate Fast Finish (Part II)

Poet93
    Some phone devices send the wrong character for the apostrophe when using certain fonts. Instead it sends an end of message character
    Try you message again, except do not use conjunctions to avoid the apostrophe.
    Examples use:
    I am
    I will
    Do not
    etc.

Rather than start a new thread, just reply to this post.

Comment

Thank you, Old Bear. Let me try this yet again.

I have been reading this forum for months and finally joined. This forum is a tremendous resource of great information. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on the following questions:

1. Assuming I wash my DD every week, how often can I use UWQ? Can I use it with each wash or do I risk an unwanted wax build-up? It seems many folks here use it after every wash. However, in watching the official Meguiars How-To video on UQW and UQD, a cautionary remark is made about wax build-up at the end of the video.

2. If I put a coat of UQW under UFF, how long must I wait for UQW to cure before applying UFF?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Looking forward to participating in the forum as well as some local classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Poet93 View Post
        Thank you, Old Bear. Let me try this yet again.

I have been reading this forum for months and finally joined. This forum is a tremendous resource of great information. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on the following questions:

1. Assuming I wash my DD every week, how often can I use UWQ? Can I use it with each wash or do I risk an unwanted wax build-up? It seems many folks here use it after every wash. However, in watching the official Meguiars How-To video on UQW and UQD, a cautionary remark is made about wax build-up at the end of the video.

2. If I put a coat of UQW under UFF, how long must I wait for UQW to cure before applying UFF?
        No answer for #1, I only wash every few weeks and sometimes I can go months. For #2, just a quick note, I typically put UFF underneath something like UQW. My reasoning is that UFF can last 6-9 months, it's good a good firm bond to the paint; and UQW adds nice short-lasting optical properties on top of UFF. Doesn't make sense to me to lay down UQW as my base layer -- it's gonna lose its bond with the paint and be gone in what, a month? -- and then put a long-lived sealant over it. Wondering if I got this bass ackwards.

Comment

Just my experience as a long time user of these products. I use ULW about every 6 months now but I live in SW FL and this is a very easy place to keep a car looking good. Rarely do I need to clay & polish more often than every 12-18 months. I use UQW (D153) after every wash. This easily extends the life of ULW to 6 or more months for me here. I used to live in WI and where I'd use ULW every 3-4 months and UQW again after every wash, typically weekly. The winters there were a challenge but ULW/UQW kept the car in great condition even when using a Touchless car wash when it was very cold.

I have never seen any product buildup.

In my usage, I have no need for UFF. ULW/UQW have a better shine, IMO.

I like the ULW/UQW pair for their appearance and the little effort required to maintain it.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');