• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Prep

I have a 98 Mark VIII that the paint is in great condition. When I bought it this past October the guy I got it from said he had put Zanio on it. I used some good quality wax on it to keep it protected over the winter now I have the NXT and I want to do it the right way to make it look the best. What is the best step by step method? Here is a picture of it now.

Thanks,
    Tom
    98 MarkVIII LSC
    04 Honda Pilot
    00 Harley Softail

"Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln."
    Charlie Ryan - 1955

It looks like you have a good base to work from so i would use a good paint cleaner, deep crystal or #9 - #7 polish and then NXT. I have used just NXT and had great results.

Comment

Re: NXT Prep

Originally posted by BigT
      I have a 98 Mark VIII that the paint is in great condition. When I bought it this past October the guy I got it from said he had put Zanio on it. I used some good quality wax on it to keep it protected over the winter now I have the NXT and I want to do it the right way to make it look the best. What is the best step by step method? Here is a picture of it now.

Thanks,
      Tom
      Hi BigT

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

If you want, apply to thin coats of the NXT Tech Wax right over whatever Zaino is still there. I have applied a lot of Tech Wax over a lot of Zaino lately and each time the results are dramatically better looking, especially in bright lights.

If you want to do an extra cleaning step to insure all of the Zaino has been removed and the surface is perfectly clean, then you could use any of the below products by hand,

ScratchX

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner

Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

If you want to use a PC then I would recommend using #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');