• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Insane Tire Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Insane Tire Shine

I've been using NXT tire spray for some time now but always wondered why it always went to a matte finish later on. I even thought it was a bad vaule.

Well, after my wife rubbed a curb when she was exiting a parked spot (as well as a small scratch on the wheel), I noticed the area of the tire rubbed was clean to touch. I then followed by removing all the crud and dead Hot Shine that has collected over the months and I got myself a clean tire using a dry paper towel. Removed a lot of black stuff.

I then went to apply NXT Insane tire shine. My, it stayed really shiny and didn't go away in terms of gloss. I applied yesterday and it so happened that we weren't going out anywhere so the NXT could settle for 24 hours.

The wife used it to drop and pick up the kids from school (yeah NJ schools are not out yet) and she went to get some groceries so that's about 15 miles. I took some pics and to my surprise, no sling on the surrounding wheel areas. However, I did note that the dressing seemed to be slinging off the tire. I just don't know where it went.

At first, I didn't like it but now, I think it's a great product for that insane shine.
    1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
    2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

Nice write up and pics. I've had good luck with NXT tire shine. A few examples:
    - My truck tires look great for over a week with NXT (including a wash). I now use hyper dressing with similar results.
    - A client's truck I detail and wash almost weekly has big mud tires that love to absorb tire dressing. I used NXT with zero problems.
    - The shine lasts pretty well as long as the tires are well cleaned. This spring I did have a few cars that the shine was gone by the end of the day. Not too sure about that one though.

Clean looking car too. The metal flake looks great. Is that a Scion wagon?

Comment

It's actually a 2004 Toyota Sienna minivan. Not a Scion. In fact, the Sienna towers the Scion in size. But that's okay, though. You got the brand of Toyota/Lexus/Scion right.

Comment

Insane Shine Revisited.

My initial impression of this product was that it was way too shiny for my RX330 but just about right for my MR2.

What I've found is that after a couple days the shine tones down a bit and lasts a very long time. It lasts even longer than Endurance.

After two weeks the tires on my daily driver, the RX330, still look great. Water has not affected the appearance nor has the tire attracted much road grime or brake dust. I give this product
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Here's a little update. After using NXT for the past 2 months since my June 20th post, I really like this product and have changed over from HotShine. It lasts well and contamination is not much of a problem unless you purposely pour dirt on it.

NXT Insane get's a from me.

Comment

Re: NXT Insane Tire Shine

How do you do your wheel wells? Thanks.

Comment

we do not have that
              alberto gorin
              known as gorin002

Comment

I hate the black stuff that is left on the tire. Sure the tire looks good after taking the black stuff off but I hate the fatc that it leave that junk on after a while.
                Steve Kelly
                2013 Passat SEL TDI

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');