• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 M3 Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 M3 Makeover

I bought this in Toronto, and drove it home to Vancouver over 3 days. These are a few pics of some of the work I've done.
    Start of road trip...

End of road trip...

The first step was just to hit it with paint reconditioning cream until i could spend more time on it...

The next step was wetsanding out some scratches and following up with DACP, show car glaze and #21...

I've just recently gone over the car with a claybar, then the DA microfibre system, and topped it with #16...

The dark blue (carbonblack metallic) sure shows the fine scratches more than the silver, but there are a few defects in the silver that probably won't buff out...
    Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Re: 2001 M3 Makeover

Hmmm, clearly I did something wrong in linking the pictures

Comment

I can't get in to edit , gonna try to insert the first pic here...

Comment

Possibly this will help with the image.

Basically I found one of your images in your "Gallery", then clicked the image.
        It brought up this page.

I found the line that says HTML code, and then double clicked the box to the right.
        That highlighted the code.
        Copy it and past it into your new post.

Keep in mind you can have one window open to navigate your Gallery and a second one to create your new post.

Hope you find this helpful.
        Old Bear

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I was going by the "how to article" and clearly failed. I also meant to put it in the latest work section, but must have had the cursor a little low. Will try again!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');