• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wax after sealant or sealant after wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax after sealant or sealant after wax

hi there, i'm newbie in detailing world and really confused when reading how people treat their detailing process. Wanted to clarify one simple thing first.
    1. should I use ultimate wax which seems to be sealant after using cleaner wax?
    2. should I put ultimate fast finish after put ultimate wax?
    meg product advisor once write in this forum that fast finish is the outer layer which protect all the inner inside, but there is still member who suggest or do fast finish and put wax outside.
    So in my mind, the layer put outside will be the protection of the layer put inside, and i'm thinking that product like fast finish is a transparant layer just like laminating process so the beauty or all the finishing inside will be reflected, in case if the fast finish (sealant) said the protection can last 100x wash, if I put another fast finish after 50x wash, then I dont need to wax or other process below the fast finish. but still there is another person suggest put the fast finish (sealant) first then wax, maybe because wax tend to shine car better, this process will be the correct one if the fast finish put on top of the wax will effect its shine.

another comment also said, we put sealant first before waxing because sealant sit on clean paint and if put after waxing the lifetime will be affected by wax lifetime. it's really confusing and hope to get scientific thinking on how thing works.

in my case, I currently has new white car and already buy cleaner wax, which I think can save time of detailing process, but after reading a lot people said dont use cleaner wax too often and suggest put ultimate wax (sealant) after cleaner wax, the confusion same as the fast finish product too, since lot people said ultimate wax is a sealant, if its works like laminate layer, if I put ultimate wax after cleaner wax it will make the protection longer, but if the longevity based on what put first than ultimate wax will be gone according to cleaner wax lifetime.

hope to get insight, thanks...

Re: wax after sealant or sealant after wax

1. should I use ultimate wax which seems to be sealant after using cleaner wax?
    You can, I do. It make for a nice quick detail.

2. should I put ultimate fast finish after put ultimate wax?
    I prefer it before... but people do it both ways.. just up to you. Not to scientific of an answer, but I think the Ult. Wax looks better at least...

in my case, I currently has new white car and already buy cleaner wax, which I think can save time of detailing process, but after reading a lot people said dont use cleaner wax too often and suggest put ultimate wax (sealant) after cleaner wax, the confusion same as the fast finish product too, since lot people said ultimate wax is a sealant, if its works like laminate layer, if I put ultimate wax after cleaner wax it will make the protection longer, but if the longevity based on what put first than ultimate wax will be gone according to cleaner wax lifetime.
    You can use them as often as you like, no need to worry about that. But the cleaner/wax would remove the wax already on the surface, so dont want to just go and remove the work you already did.

As far as lasting longer, I think the Ult. Quick Wax works very well, looks good, and lasts a good while. So that is also why I put the Fast Finish on first, then the Ult. Wax. I'll use the Ult. Quick Wax after inbetween washes, and wont have to cleaner/wax (or other process) for several months...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for your reply and direction,,will try to do and check the result
      Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      You can, I do. It make for a nice quick detail.

I prefer it before... but people do it both ways.. just up to you. Not to scientific of an answer, but I think the Ult. Wax looks better at least...

You can use them as often as you like, no need to worry about that. But the cleaner/wax would remove the wax already on the surface, so dont want to just go and remove the work you already did.

As far as lasting longer, I think the Ult. Quick Wax works very well, looks good, and lasts a good while. So that is also why I put the Fast Finish on first, then the Ult. Wax. I'll use the Ult. Quick Wax after inbetween washes, and wont have to cleaner/wax (or other process) for several months...

Comment

already tried the cleaner wax today and I wish this product never bought, the cleaner wax caused my new white car has a yellowish stained..oh my GOD...if I in America surely i will go straight to megs office and ask them for way out..please dont buy this item again

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');