• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 M3 makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 M3 makeover

I bought this car in Toronto and drove it back to Vancouver over a period of three days. The dealer had done a pretty good job of hiding swirls and some deeper scratches, but from a distance at the start of the road trip it looked OK...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It picked up a few bugs and grime going across the northern states..
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My first step was a good wash and a quick coat of PRC, until I had time to really attack it...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This gave me time to wash it a few more times and find all the problem areas. I ended up wetsanding the trunk, and a few spots on the hood and doors. Wish I could find the before pictures of that, but this is the door after wetsanding, Medium Cut Cleaner, DACP and #21...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The rest of the car got DACP, Show Car Glaze and #21. It also got new rims for Xmas...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I recently went over the whole car with a claybar, then used the DA Microfibre system on it, topped with #16. This CarbonBlack metallic seems harder to keep swirl free than my black SAAB, and ALOT harder than the silver 2000 323 that it replaces, which needs more than just some buffing!!!...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks to member "Old Bear" for helping me get the pictures into the post. If the administrators want to delete the thread in extreme makeovers that has no images, go ahead!!
    Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');