• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meg cleaner wax paste ruin my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meg cleaner wax paste ruin my car

I already posted few question without any response from megs team and finally I tried, the item cleaner wax. it ruin my new white car, its causing yellowish stain on all over the body. I already do as directed in the can, no else...wish I can go to megs office in america and ask for explanation...this item cause me crazy and been searching in few years back there was somebody ask the same thing...

Re: meg cleaner wax paste ruin my car

There is only one other post about this issue. It was in a totally unrelated thread and posted around midnight on Sunday US time, literally 2 mins before this post. Unfortunately we do not have the capability to respond to posts within 120 seconds in the middle of the night on a weekend.

That being said we are sorry to hear about your experience with Cleaner/Wax. This is a very uncommon issue that arises with a very unique set of circumstances. We are not totally clear as to what causes it but on the rare occasion it does happen it is related very specifically to Cleaner/Wax (paste only), white paint, and body or trim panels that are plastic. Best we can tell it has something to do with a strange reaction to the plastic and/or paint used on these white trim pieces.

The good news is that it is temporary and there is no real damage. You can certainly try a mild compound if you want do feel like you are trying something but frankly the best solution is direct sunlight. If you can you should leave the car in the sun as much as possible for a few days/weeks. You should see the yellowing dissipate within 1-4 weeks time.

Again, we are sorry to hear this and we understand this is likely scary and certainly frustrating for you. Thank you for your patience!
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks for your response its appreciated. So what I mean with no response is since I join this forum, I already posted lot of question before use this product, I join the forum on 16th january. So i did my own research read here and there, and finally on 19th january I tried to used the cleaner wax paste.
      The yellow stained happen not in the plastic trim, instead it happen on my body paint.
      The yellow is like somebody put some graffiti on the body paint, so just like yellow here and there in all of the body paint.
      I wish its a really temporary problem if not than this product has ruin my car and its brand new car.
      Like I said before, If I live in America I will go straight to your office and ask for explanation, and surely solution. This product is a cleaner wax and should not do anything like this problem, and the last thing its not in professional line product which is technique sensitive.
      THis item has been there so long and its imposible that meguairs never found any problem like this and if you still sold this item, please do make another writing in product can, " this item will cause your white paint to has yellow colour" and surely I will never use and try this item.

if you said there is no real damage and temporary, its really hard to accept since how come the stain get into the paint. Meguairs surely knows best since you are the manufacturer and has every smart person needed to explain this situation.. meguairs has distributor in Indonesia, I really wish Meguairs company help me to solve and get my car back to its original states. Once again, this isnt a old car which paint already has problem, my car is a brand new car, I only use cleaner wax because I think to get best result I needed to do 3 step detailing process, and I think cleaner wax is a right solution. I still keep product and for any documentation in the future.
      Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
      There is only one other post about this issue. It was in a totally unrelated thread and posted around midnight on Sunday US time, literally 2 mins before this post. Unfortunately we do not have the capability to respond to posts within 120 seconds in the middle of the night on a weekend.

That being said we are sorry to hear about your experience with Cleaner/Wax. This is a very uncommon issue that arises with a very unique set of circumstances. We are not totally clear as to what causes it but on the rare occasion it does happen it is related very specifically to Cleaner/Wax (paste only), white paint, and body or trim panels that are plastic. Best we can tell it has something to do with a strange reaction to the plastic and/or paint used on these white trim pieces.

The good news is that it is temporary and there is no real damage. You can certainly try a mild compound if you want do feel like you are trying something but frankly the best solution is direct sunlight. If you can you should leave the car in the sun as much as possible for a few days/weeks. You should see the yellowing dissipate within 1-4 weeks time.

Again, we are sorry to hear this and we understand this is likely scary and certainly frustrating for you. Thank you for your patience!

Comment

Thank you for your clarification. We absolutely understand your frustration but again, this is a very rare and temporary issue with the best solution being sunlight. We have never seen this occur on metal panels of any vehicle. Unfortunately, even if you were in the US there is no better solution than sunlight.
        Brian Hann
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Hi, Like I said before. Meguairs is a manufacturer of the item, and the item has been in market in long time no in trial period it shouldnt be like company shocked or else. Please be more scientific and I will stop asking, why the cleaner wax leave yellow stain and where do the stain kept in term of paint layer. If you want me to agree and wait, is there any science explaining that yellow colour stain will react with UV and change to white color/ transparant? if you said get UV so the layer of wax will be gone, then if I use compound the colour will be gone.
          This morning, I tried to use megs ultimate compound, but not working. Can you explain why its happen?
          please provide me more scientific explanation, and surely do company warranty me 100% that sunlight 1-4 weeks it will gone, if it not gone than it's very rational if I make claim to Meguairs. I dont care where ever I live, but it's a very common sense, where ever you sold the product, company have to responsible if the product do something that is not meant to be. and this product I use Is authorised product sold in Indonesia, not a black market product.
          Let me said once again, this item is a consumer product for car care not car paint die or else, and my car is a brand new car. Instead it done harm to my car, and the answer given is unacceptable since why should I wait to get the wax worn, instead company has so many product to remove the wax. already tried one and no good.

Comment

As mentioned in my first reply, compound will likely not be effective. We understand your desire to find a magic bullet (cleaner/compound) to fix this immediately but that does not exist to our knowledge. The best solution is sunlight and time.

We are not aware of exactly what causes this on rare occasion. We know it is likely related to the material the paint is being applied to, it's porosity, and the likely use of different paint with plasticizers.
            Brian Hann
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

So I think I will stop doing this replying since its look like we are replying in repetition only. This might be my last statement

1. I'm not looking for problem solution here, instead I look for meguiars full responsibility, because I'm not using your product to fixed existing problem with my car, but I used it to take care of my car. My car is a brand new car, I wanted to do the detailing/car care ideally but since have no time. I tried to use cleaner wax, I do exactly like the instruction, and use a brand new microfiber the most expensive there is. When buffing the is a yellow stain on the body, and as anybody will do, I contact manufacturer, for explanation in very detail and scientific, not an instruction. like wait for this and this, or try this and this. Yellow stain shouldn't happen in any of the car care products. Why your company should take responsibility, because there is nothing caution or something written in the product which indicate I must beware of something. So the responsibility is actually on your company.

2 you never give me satisfactory answer like when you said the problem not permanent, wait the wax to wear off. I can wear of the wax right now by compund, and yet the yellow didnt gone. you said the yellow should gone but said gone as the wax worn off, I already worn off the wax, yellow still there, any other explanation? so what will react with UV and change to white colour? No scientific answer, and you asked me to believe you, which I already did in first place by using the product, and look what I get. My car i ruined

3. I'm not trying to teach you how to treat customer, but in this case. I think the solution should be meguiars take a full attention to my problem, and i'm aware in Indonesia you have a distributor, you can ask the to check and discuss of how this thing happen and look for solution together. you said its a rare occasion, and I always said, meguairs is a big company and been in detailing world for very long time. You guys sure has a tech on detecting how come the problem arise and how deep the problem to my paint is, and my car value isnt 100usd which can be thrown to junk at will.

4. your company has all the product in car care, and Indonesia has distributor. but you cant do something for my problem, its a very funny things. At least if you have good intention, company can offer to look and take care of my car. If you wanted to take my car and get UV for it then do it, but at your company full responsibility, like you said if after 4 weeks the problem still there and what your company solution? if you wanted to look for other to blame like car manufacturer or else, please do it and I will happily contact the car manufacturer to for this matter, and let sit look for way out.

as far as I know America has a very strict customer protection, and I'm very disappointed on how your company response on this matter. I keep all the documentation and product, and for now, the best I can do to other person in Internet is writing not to use these product on their white car. Hope you can understand my situation and maybe you can Imagine if its your car was ruined

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
              As mentioned in my first reply, compound will likely not be effective. We understand your desire to find a magic bullet (cleaner/compound) to fix this immediately but that does not exist to our knowledge. The best solution is sunlight and time.

We are not aware of exactly what causes this on rare occasion. We know it is likely related to the material the paint is being applied to, it's porosity, and the likely use of different paint with plasticizers.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');