• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove 2000 grit by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove 2000 grit by hand

What meguiars products would be recommended to remove 2000 grit scratches by hand from fresh clear coat? I used #83 and #3 by machine but not everything can be done with a machine.

Also, how should I apply it. I have cotton and wool applicators and micro-fiber cloth.

Re: Remove 2000 grit by hand

Originally posted by SchwarzenSchafe
    What Meguiar's products would be recommended to remove 2000 grit scratches by hand from fresh clear coat?
    ScratchX, probably multiple applications with a little passion behind the pad.

Also, how should I apply it. I have cotton and wool applicators and micro-fiber cloth.
    Foam applicators are the most gentle to the surface while applicators using some type of fiber offer more abrading power. The problem you can run into is while the fiber applicators may remove the defects, however because you will be applying some force behind them, the fibers themselves may instill a scratch pattern that will then have to be removed. As long as it is less deep than the sanding marks, you should be able to follow up with a foam applicator to remove these. This may not be the case also as you never now what you can, or cannot do until you try.

Your best bet is going to be to work on this paint as fast as you can as the older it gets the harder the paint will become.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');