• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat crow, Scratch X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat crow, Scratch X

I have to admit. I have never been a fan of Scratch X, especially on black paint. I have even stated that sentiment previously on this site. But I will admit my expectations are pretty high. Plus, I have read the label, and I understand some scratches and defects are just too deep for this product. I have always viewed it as supposedly being a wonder product - my high expectations again. Anyway, I was mowing my lawn Saturday with my one year old Cub Cadet, which looks like new, and I got too close to the carport's white columns. I brushed the fender against the column, which caused a 5 inch white streak on the fender. I cleaned the area. Then I proceeded with several polishes on the area. Nothing worked. So, I tried the Scratch X as a last resort with a little passion, and lo and behold, after about 4 applications the mark was removed. You could never tell that my Cub had suffered a war wound. I stand corrected. Scratch X is a good product and has its place. And think, I almost threw the tube away!? I now will eat my crow, gulp.
    Bama

It took me a while too. But now I consider it indispensable.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Scratch X is great for spot touch ups, when you don't want to drag out the PC. One thing I noticed is that Scratch X seems to cut better with a MF applicator than with the yellow foam pad. I have a Viper Power Clean MF pad which works very well. I would also expect the Even Coat Applicator pad to work very well.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Scratch X is great for spot touch ups, when you don't want to drag out the PC. One thing I noticed is that Scratch X seems to cut better with a MF applicator than with the yellow foam pad. I have a Viper Power Clean MF pad which works very well. I would also expect the Even Coat Applicator pad to work very well.

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hmmm, you might be onto something. I'll try out the new even coat applicator to see if the results come out better on my little project.
          Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

ScratchX is one item that I've never had a place for yet, but would it work any better than a bottle of MPPC for spot removal?

I'm thinking that MPPC is the stronger of the two anyway.
            r. b.

Comment

I have found MPPC by hand to work more quickly on some swirls than Scratch X. Scratch X for some reason works better on bird dropping etch marks. When you use MPPC by machine it's no contest. MPPC by machine (PC) I would rate a little bit less aggressive than #83 and more aggressive than #82

RamAirV1
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Before I ran into the 80's series, MPPC was my go to product, as I have went through a few bottles of it over the years.

It would be worth buying ScratchX though, just for removing bird dropping etch marks.......Thanks for the tip!
                r. b.

Comment

Thread resurection!

Just thought Id add... I personally like Scratch X for use on the fender well lip that seems to catch a lot of roam grime. I also use it on my rocker panels, air dam, and lower rear bumper panel on my Camaro... it has never let me down. It removes stubborn grime and when Im done it shines nicely.
                  ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                  561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                  --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                  --

Comment

Sorry for being the village idiot, but what is MPPC? Thanks, I'm new to detailing and still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by LAfirefytr
                      Sorry for being the village idiot, but what is MPPC? Thanks, I'm new to detailing and still learning.
                      Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner
                      r. b.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');