• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing left-over adhesive from window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing left-over adhesive from window tint

Hello to all

I removed the old window tint on my car and was wondering if there is something more effective besides basic soap and water along with using a blade to remove the residual adhesive left on the glass.

Also is it safe to use a plastic blade on the rear glass which has the defrost system? If not what can i use in addition to microfiber towels?

Regards,
    mark

Re: Removing left-over adhesive from window tint

use a foaming glass cleaner. lots and a new razor blade. hold blade on a angle and flick off eccess foam and glue. Once you get the hang of it no problem. Good Luck

Comment

Greetings to all

can i use a plastic razor blade on the rear glass? Is it safe on the defrost system? If not recommended, what can i use besides towels to scrub off the residual adhesive?

Regards,
      Mark

Comment

If the defrost has the wires on the outside of the glass no you cannot scrape with a plastic razor blade or you will cut the tiny wires and they will not work. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by se9303 View Post
          Hello to all

I removed the old window tint on my car and was wondering if there is something more effective besides basic soap and water along with using a blade to remove the residual adhesive left on the glass.

Also is it safe to use a plastic blade on the rear glass which has the defrost system? If not what can i use in addition to microfiber towels?

Regards,
          mark
          Buy a clothing steamer! You absolutely have to use that to remove window tints. It is by far the easiest way to remove window tints. If you don't leave the steamer in particular area for long enough before removing the tints, some if the adhesive will be left behind. It happened when I took off my tints last year. All I had to do was use the steamer to reheat the adhesive and it came off easily. Be careful with the rear glass with the defrost system but mine tint came off completely and rear defrost still works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');