• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Generation Car Wash wax issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Generation Car Wash wax issue

Hi!

I work at an auto shop that sells car care products (Meguiars, Sonax, AutoGlym etc.) amongst other things. So i tend to try out the different stuff we sell, to be able to guide my customers.

Today i tried the NXT Generation Car Wash shampoo on my Estroril Blue BMW 1 Series. The car got a two step polish and a layer of Fusso 12 month wax on it 4 months ago.
    I also treated it with Ultimate Quik Detailer after its last wash 3 days ago. Ever since i waxed it it has been beading water very well. Especially after applying the Quik Detailer.

However, when i washed the car today with NXT Generation Car Wash, it would not bead at all! I did one panel, then hosed it down, then moved on to the next.
    It beaded water when i rinsed off the snow foam, but once i applied NXT with my wash mitt and rinsed off, it would no longer bead.

My question is, am i doing anything wrong here? NXT was a dream to work with, but it would be a shame if it peeled off the layer of Quik Detailer and wax that was on there.

Thanks!

Re: NXT Generation Car Wash wax issue

Well, few things possibly...

I havent used the Nxt Wash for a while here, but I did think it was a bit stronger, didnt leave quite as nice of a surface. An the Nxt products never were really meant to bead water (not that a plain car wash would..).

The Ult. Quick Detailer does leave some polymers behind to help with beading and shine, but it is still a deatiler... not meant to be as durable as a quick wax or regular wax coat.

I doubt it would have removed the wax underneath, but perhaps didnt leave the surface as nice. Assuming you used the correct ratio, got a good rinse so no soap residue left behind.

Normally I would use the Ult. Quick Detailer after washing.. did you notice any change if you do a panel with it now?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Keviig,

Welcome to MOL!

NXT Car Wash was/is (hasn't been sold in the US for several years now) a very mild ph neutral wash just like Gold Class or Deep Crystal Car Wash. It would not aggressively strip wax; however, as mentioned by Murr1525, it is not strange that the effects of Ultimate Quik Detailer may not last after a few days and a car wash. It is primarily a detailer designed to remove loose dirt, dust, and other fresh contaminants from the surface while adding shine and a tiny bit of protection. If you are using it in hopes of it performing as a quick or maintenance wax you will likely be disappointed.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks for helping me out!

The car is already covered in road salts, so can't rest the Quik Detailer atm, sorry!

I used the ratio on the bottle (50ml in 10l of water), so that should be fine.
        I didn't expect the NXT to increase beading. What confused me was that after foaming the car and rinsing it off it would bead water (due to the wax already on the car) but immediately after washing a panel with nxt and rinsing off it would no longer bead and the water would stick to the surface. It almost seemed as if NXT left some residue on the car or something.

Leaving me wondering if i am somehow doing something wrong here or if it's just a characteristic of NXT?

I originally bought the Quik Detailer to help with loosening bird dropping etc, but was impressed by the gloss, hence i did the whole car. Would Ultimate Quik Wax be better suited as a maintenance wax after washing?

Comment

Also, you say NXT isn't being sold in the US anymore. Did Gold Class take its place? Any other recommendations?

Comment

The fact that NXT Wash is not available in the US has nothing to do with quality. It simply has to do with sales and getting good distribution. Gold Class Wash preceded NXT Wash by a few years and is still very popular with good distribution. If you are dissatisfied with the NXT and want to try something else the Gold Class Wash would be a good choice but there is no reason you should need to switch.
            Brian Hann
            Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Sounds good! Next time i wash the car i'll do a wipedown and reapply wax. Then i'll see how that responds to NXT. I was very pleased with NXT in all other areas so i'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Any recommendations when it comes to a lasting wax for a Estoril Blue BMW that's often driven on salted winter roads?

Comment

Yeah, I do like Gold Class... I tend to use the Ult. Quick Wax for a longer lasting boost after washing, instead of detailer.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hello everyone, lately I do not use the services of stationary car washes at all. After visiting them, I began to often notice various damages on the body of my car. Therefore, now I prefer to wash the car myself at home.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');