• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wax vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

I am going to see my parents, my dad isn't doing well, they are 1300+ miles away. Mom bought a silver Lexus ES350 new in 2017, is garaged all the time unless she's driving it and only gets machine washed at the local Lexus dealer.

I want to at least go over it and use a sealant on it and a wax on top of that (advised?). I am pretty new to this and haven't seen the car, and will be bringing what I can to at least protect it from the Florida harsh sun and rain, and unfortunately machine washing. She can't do it herself at her age. Shame, the Lexus dealer by me is hand only wash.

My thoughts are:
    Wash, clay bar, compound or polish with DA if needed, Ultimate FF and then possibly M26 or UW on top of the UFF.

What is best for rain on the windows? RainX or use something like UW on the windows?

Am I thinking this wrong? I won't get to look at the car but once a year or so.

Thanks!!

Re: Ultimate Wax vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

You might want to look into some videos / articles on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax... May not have the looks of Ult Wax, but should last longer.

I like RainX myself, since it is cheap and easy, but I think there may be others that cost more and last longer...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is it something to put the UFF down, UW and then hybrid ceramic? do they "stack" well?

Comment

Originally posted by EyesofThunder View Post
        Is it something to put the UFF down, UW and then hybrid ceramic? do they "stack" well?

Not sure if anyone knows that yet, the HCW is very new...

At a year or more in between, your probably pushing anything to far to worry a lot...

Comment

Don't use 'wax' on the windshield. Side windows-no problem.

Windshield wipers and 'wax' just like to play nice together. Like Murr said, I to am a fan of RainX also.

Bill

Comment

I had a heck of a time cleaning the car. It looked visually clean, but touching it felt like small dots of something all over. Soaking with microfiber and soap (only thing I had was dish soap) and it was very difficult to get off. I wasn't able to finish it to my expectations due to my time there. But it is better.

Almost like micro dots of tree sap perhaps? Space Coast Florida, anyone have ideas? It has no color against silver paint.

Comment

Clay wasnt able to help it? Or had any color on the clay?

Comment

It was very hard to clay it, it came off, but took a LOT of effort to get to get it smooth. It didn't leave much color in the clay, but I did get some dark now and then, but didn't see dark on the paint. I am new to claying, didn't expect it to be so difficult to get it to come off.

I ran out of time so didn't get to finish the whole car (did 3/4 or so). I'll do more when I am there again later this year, hopefully sooner. I wonder if it is the tree sap off the tall pines that are everywhere. The car isn't outside much, 8k on the clock, the car is 2 years old. Stored inside.

Unfortunately my mom isn't able to wash it herself and Lexus gives her free washes, but they machine wash. Up here in the north Lexus only hand washes by me. They have a detail team for that and bring in extra help on weekends for washing/vacuuming.

Comment

Could be sap or something that just landed one time a while ago... there are tar/sap remover type products out there, or even glass cleaner has been used to dissolve sap. Might be an idea to try...

I have used the TarX and IronX type products for a while now, and they speed things like claying up a lot..

Comment

You can use the baggy test to help check for above surface contaminants.

Place your hand inside a plastic baggie. Then lightly run your palm and fingers across the paint. It magnifies the sense of the bumps above the surface.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');