• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D300 and D302

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D300 and D302

I know these products were designed for use with microfiber but is there any downside to using them with foam pads?

Re: D300 and D302

I haven't used the 302 on foam yet, but D300 works really well with foam.

Comment

Thanks. I plan to use it with a Lake County Force Hybrid Orange Pad and plan to try the 302 with a White Pad.

Comment

Originally posted by rexus31 View Post
        Thanks. I plan to use it with a Lake County Force Hybrid Orange Pad and plan to try the 302 with a White Pad.
        Should work well. I think Brian from Apex tested 302 with foam and had some great results with it.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
          Should work well. I think Brian from Apex tested 302 with foam and had some great results with it.
          Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rexus31 View Post
            I know these products were designed for use with microfiber but is there any downside to using them with foam pads?
            There is no downside to using them with foam pads. D300 won't cut as much with a foam pad compared to when it is used with a microfiber cutting pad. I would say the cut of D300 on a foam cutting pad is a notch or two above ultimate compound.

There is a post on the Meguiar's facebook group and it was stated that D302 has no functional abrasives. The microfiber pad is doing the work were D302 acts a lubricating agent. If used with a foam pad it should give more gloss. This is all from that post.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              There is no downside to using them with foam pads. D300 won't cut as much with a foam pad compared to when it is used with a microfiber cutting pad. I would say the cut of D300 on a foam cutting pad is a notch or two above ultimate compound.

There is a post on the Meguiar's facebook group and it was stated that D302 has no functional abrasives. The microfiber pad is doing the work were D302 acts a lubricating agent. If used with a foam pad it should give more gloss. This is all from that post.
              Good info! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');