• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponge for Hand application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponge for Hand application

Hi,

Didnt find much discussion of the type of sponge/applicator for hand application.
    Appreciate if anyone can share any useful info on the correct sponge to use, esp the below sponge:

- Circular sponge (melamine or foam?) Usually come free with polish/wax product.

- Cellulose sponge (my fav for polish & wax, usu come in brick shape, can be cut into smaller pieces, easy to hold as the side are thick enough to hold firmly)
    eg.

- Microfiber Sponge (came with my Meg White Wax, for better cutting power ?)

Also, how does the above pads stack up in terms of cutting power for polishes.

Thanks

Re: Sponge for Hand application

For hand application of compounds, polishes and waxes a traditional yellow foam applicator is a good choice. The Meguiar's yellow foam applicators are great.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

The yellow seems to be the most common.
      I have a black one that comes with ULW.

Is there any different btw the different color pads ?

Comment

They are the same except color. It was asked some years back, hopefully that is still the answer.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Guys

Btw the foam & cellulose,
          is there any advantage or disadvantage ?

Regards

Comment

The microfiber applicator is nice for applying Ultimate Leather conditioner. It's sized just right and your not fighting a MF towel.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');