• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this new Ceramic Hybrid Wax worth it for the likes of me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this new Ceramic Hybrid Wax worth it for the likes of me ?

So, i'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning my cars. Both black paint cars get a waterless D115 as a weekly wash, and then a final light spraying of D156 Synthetic X-Press buffed to dry using a Megs MF. Then say every three months, i use D114 then give the cars a coat of proper wax. (truth be told my favorite is a paste wax called White Shark High Temp) not a megs, even though i do have plenty of Megs waxes/sealants, including Ultimate Liquid wax, and even some of your Paint Protect 365, which i used only last weekend. Among other brands, such as Collnite.

Anyway cars get a clay bar treatment when needed, which i seem to do every 12months. But the paint is always amazingly slick cos i keep on top of things and if i see swirls i'll give the car a clay and go at it on my MT300....

So how does this new Ceramic Hybrid help me ? I like to give new products a go, but given i keep on top of protection using more traditional methods and keep to a tight regiment. (cleaning cars for me is therapeutic, i hit the music on, and feel i've just had a good workout once i'm all said and done !!!) My HR stays around the same as a cycle ! and at the end you get something out of it.

Also when can we expect to see it in places such as Walmart ? I could do an Autogeek order i suppose, but i'm already stocked up with everything i need for now, and probably good for another yr or so before bulk buying.

Anyway, i am excited to try out this new ceramic hybrid wax, but will it really offer anything additional to what i'm already laying down ?

Re: Is this new Ceramic Hybrid Wax worth it for the likes of me ?

It does sound like if waxing/using a spray was often, the wax will end up looking better... but we'll see I guess..
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Regular wax I mean, like Ult. Quick Wax would look better used often...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The process you are using today sounds pretty good.
        I use a similar routine using D115 Express Wash and Wax Rather than Paint Protect 365, I put Ultimate Fast Finish on after each section is wash/waxed with D115. It seems to repel dust a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post

Also when can we expect to see it in places such as Walmart ?
          saw it at the local walmart in west metro detroit yesterday.

Comment

Yeah i ended up buying some just to try out i guess. Found it locally for $15 Wondering the best way to apply this considering i never take to my auto's with a hose since going down the waterless route. Also its always hot where i'm at. There's rarely a cool day. It says apply to a cool surface & never in direct sunglight.

Can i just apply using a microfiber pad and buff off dry ? like a regular wax / sealant or do i really need to hose my car down after applying the product ?

Comment

Well i had a cooler weekend so went to town and done both my autos in my garage and overall i am very very impressed with this new Hybrid Ceramic Wax product. I didn't use a hose either (not used a hose for a long while since going waterless). I did my regular D115 cleans. This incidentally is waterless washes on BLACK cars. Both had horrible swirls coming from the dealer FROM NEW !!! anyway nothing a good paint correction couldn't sort out, and nearly 18months since doing a full paint correction, swirls have remained at bay ! A paint correction is probably due soonish, but still you'd have to look good and hard in sunlight to see any very very light scratches. Anyway going off subject here. Going back to it the method i used was cleaned everything as i normally do. However i took a microfiber pad, saturated it with distilled water. Working one panel at a time, i sprayed two to three sprays on the now wet MF pad with MHCW, and then sprayed up the panels using distilled water. Wiped / massaged the paintwork, rubber, headlights basically all exterior parts of the car, minus glass with what looked like a milky wet liquid.. Then using TWO Meg MF's wiped up most of the wetness with the one and finished up buffing with the dry MF. Really easy to go on, and easy to come off. And i don't know if i'm having the new product blues but i swear my cars look better than ever. I really dislike using hoses cos water gets in all the nooks and crannies and its just better to use waterless. So i'm happy to now include Si02 into my protection plan ! Really glad i gave this stuff a try out !

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');