• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Leather Durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Leather Durability

Hello,

I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5. I was just wondering how durable this leather is when it comes to repelling water? For instance, if I were to get into my car soaking wet (say getting from a building to my car in a downpour, would that damage my leather? If that were to happen, what would I want to do to prevent any leather damage? Would I just need to wipe down when I got home, or would I need to apply some leather conditioner?

If someone could chime in, that would be great!

Thanks!

Re: Modern Leather Durability

Your leather has a dye and coating on it to help protect it against water. So usually water won't do much damage. However, pushing a wet cloth against it for long durations could allow some water into the leather. Leather conditioner won't get the water out. Best bet is to put the car in a place that will allow the leather to ir dry.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');