• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPM using DA vs Rotary polisher. Your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM using DA vs Rotary polisher. Your experience?

Hello, I would like to hear from those who have transitioned from using a rotary polisher to a DA polisher, as this is what I am about to do. Specifically, I am curious to hear if you have found that you tend to run the DA at a higher or lower RPM than you did with the rotary. Likewise with pressure. I will soon experiment on my own, but I value input from those who have already switched from rotary to DA.
    I am 65 and have been away from detailing for nearly 20 years. I was taught to use a rotary when younger and stronger and able to control the rotary well. Now that I am older and retired, I plan to just detail my own vehicles. I have bought a DA and some new Meguiars products. I am guessing that, all other variables being the same, I can run the DA at a higher RPM and with more pressure than I used to do with the rotary. What has been your experience?

Re: RPM using DA vs Rotary polisher. Your experience?

At first I used it on speed 6 for cutting, and 5 for polishing.

Today I can usually compound on speed 4.5, and polish on 3.

I don't use a lot of pressure though.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');