• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!!! Clearcoar failure or oxidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!! Clearcoar failure or oxidation

Hi all new to this site and hoping I can find some knowledge to help me resolve the issue with the paint on my recently purchased dark grey/blue 2009 Honda accord lx p. Ok so to start I bought the vehicle a few weeks ago, the day I bought it and for a week or so after it rained. When the rain stopped and vehicle became dry I noticed a white hazy look on my hood roof trunk top and along the top of the doors. I originally assumed it was oxidation, so I researched and bought a buffer/polisher and meguiars ultimate compound to try to remove the oxidation. Once applied the car looked awesome!!!! but within a few hours it seemed like all the haze seeped back through. I have used the uc a few times now and afraid I'm going to do more damage than good if I'm not careful. I have no paint transfer onto my pads during uc and I don't have places with clear coat peeling off but I'm starting to wonder if its oxidation or cc failure. Also to add not sure if it helps but when car is wet you cant see any of it just when it dries. Thank you in advance!!! Also no cracks peeling or bubbling yet and located in the mtns of nc bought car from Tennessee. As soon as I figure out how to insert pictures I will post some

Re: HELP!!!! Clearcoar failure or oxidation

that reads like CC failure but not to the point the CC is gone. i picked up a 96 mustang for my son with pretty much the same problem except red paint. only fix was a repaint or live with it.

Comment

Re: HELP!!!! Clearcoar failure or oxidation

Yeah.. sounds like failure...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');