• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UC Applicated by hand, leaving a haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Applicated by hand, leaving a haze

Hi Everyone, As my title may suggest, I'm new to the detailing work so please excuse my 'basic' questions. I'm sure it's user error and not error on the products behalf due to the great feedback users leave..

I applied UC to my 5 month old 2019 Jeep Cherokee (black). Someone opened their door and hit my car which left a small dent and a scratch (even tho I park miles away from other people). I used a terry cotton applicator pad to apply the polish, used even pressure to work the product in, not letting it dry completely and then wiped off with a microfiber clean towel. I was happy with the feel of the paint (very very smooth) but a haze was left behind and i didn't want to keep wiping with a microfiber towel to avoid swirls.

If someone could suggest proper use of product/pads or suggest another product to use with UC like UP would be greatly appreciated!

Re: UC Applicated by hand, leaving a haze

Try using Ult polish with a FOAM pad. The MF/terry cloth pads can induce some marring just from the 'fabric'.

Hope this helps ya...

Bill

Comment

I agree with Bill.

You could also follow with Cleaner Wax to further refine and protect the finish.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, guys! I ordered Megs Foam Applicator Pads and will give that a go. If successful, what are your thoughts about applying UP to the entire car and then topping with Megs Ceramic Wax?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevejoe.9411 View Post
          Thanks for the reply, guys! I ordered Megs Foam Applicator Pads and will give that a go. If successful, what are your thoughts about applying UP to the entire car and then topping with Megs Ceramic Wax?
          UP should clean up the paint a little , and boost gloss.

I haven't tried HCW yet, but from what I've seen, it looks fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevejoe.9411 View Post
            Sounds like a good plan.

It appears that you are NOT using a 'machine', therefore I highly recommend that you DON"T try and polish out the whole vehicle in one day! Do it in sections...polish, LSP, your body will appreciate it greatly! Then when everything is finished - HCW.

Meguiar's has many on-line vids, give them a good looking at.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');