• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: Do not use Meguiars products on paint less than 90 days old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warning: Do not use Meguiars products on paint less than 90 days old!

Originally posted by 65Marauder View Post
    I would like to know, and have asked several times without getting an answer, how to remove this from my car.
    If what you are seeing is simply product residue Nick's recommendation will likely work; however it is important to understand we, as well as some of the very knowledgeable folks on the Autogeek thread, are trying to communicate the big picture and address the root cause.

A mild cleaner/wax is not the cause. It may be highlighting a much bigger issue but it is not the cause. You have a much more serious paint issue at the root of this that would need to be addressed. Something is causing Cleaner/Wax, and likely most compounds or waxes, to stick to the paint. That would lead one to believe the paint is irregularly porous and/or textured. That should not be the case with a new paint job so something is amiss. Considering the totality of the situation it might very well make sense to take it to a professional.

Sorry this has been such a bad experience. As Nick said we understand your frustration; but understand we doing our best to diagnose an abnormal situation from long distance with limited information.

Thanks for your patience!
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

To me it looks the paint is very rough and the white you are seeing is the wax still stuck in the "valleys" of the rough paint. I've seen that before way back in the day when people tried to wax a rough feeling lacquer paint job.
      Bill Strobel
      aka theamcguy
      Owner Independent Towing
      Fayetteville, NC
      Do It Right or Don't Do It At All.

Comment

To me it looks the paint is very rough and the white you are seeing is the wax still stuck in the "valleys" of the rough paint. I've seen that before way back in the day when people tried to wax a rough feeling lacquer paint job. Also waxing your paint in less than 30, 60 or 90 days would not cause the problem you are having. The only thing putting a wax on top of fresh paint does is inhibit the ability of the paint to out gas and cause a cloudy condition that would take a few days to notice.
        Bill Strobel
        aka theamcguy
        Owner Independent Towing
        Fayetteville, NC
        Do It Right or Don't Do It At All.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');