• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which products do NOT stain plastic and rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which products do NOT stain plastic and rubber

So i've used the Ultimate serie for a long time. Only reason i used them is because they didnt stain black trim (rubber and plastic)

Question is, is there anything out there, or is the Ultimate serie "Unique" in that aspect? Can't be bothered with tape everything off, i want to go directly into all the fun.

Re: Which products do NOT stain plastic and rubber

Ult LIQUID Wax is my 'go to' for plastic 'stuff'. I kinda gave up trying what may or may not stain, so hence, just stick with it.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
      Ult LIQUID Wax is my 'go to' for plastic 'stuff'. I kinda gave up trying what may or may not stain, so hence, just stick with it.

Bill

Hmm, what i thought then. I use everything in "ultimate serie" Compound, polish and wax - just because it dosent require alot of extra work. The bottles are soon empty so i thought i would check if there is something out there. I guess the new "3 in 1" stain plastic? Would have been awsome if it didn't

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
        Hmm, what i thought then. I use everything in "ultimate serie" Compound, polish and wax - just because it dosent require alot of extra work. The bottles are soon empty so i thought i would check if there is something out there. I guess the new "3 in 1" stain plastic? Would have been awsome if it didn't
        From the initial write up (when it was introduced) it did say, "...may stain plastic and rubber." I realize that 'may' means a 'possibility', from just that I don't think I'd chance it.
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
          Not sure about the staining but I'd advise against using polish on trim - you'll knock down the grain and change gloss level. Maybe even make it patchy.

Comment

Originally posted by kaisergrendel View Post
            Not sure about the staining but I'd advise against using polish on trim - you'll knock down the grain and change gloss level. Maybe even make it patchy.
            Never had any issue with that I use Concept vista for plastic trim https://www.conceptchemicals.com/products/vista

Comment

I have not had an issue with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax staining trim.
              IIRC The Paste version Megs Ultimate Paste Wax may/can stain trim.

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

You have to first determined what purpose you use this . Then you can research in market which will be best to use as far concerns.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');