• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wash mitt for soft finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wash mitt for soft finish

Having a tesla is a curse and a blessing. The paint is horrible! Soft and they did a bad job on painting the vehicle to begin with! After this winter it was swirl city! I have clay barred and some minor hand paint correction but I have a long way to go! I need to start from the begin. Wash process. This means the right wash mitts, soap, and process to ensure I dont set myself back once I get the finish back to where it needs to be! I currently have some glod plush chenille wash mitts...the wormy looking ones. They are ok IMO. I also have a Megs MF wash mitt and I kinda like it. Being that I have soft finish what is the best mitt...and what is the best shampoo? Then finally what is the best process. What I have been doing is the 2 buckerter. I do a quick pre spray with my high pressure to knock of the loose stuff. Then foam cannon followed by the 2 bucket...one with water to rinse and one with shampoo. Both buckets have grit guards. I do a section with one mitt then rinse it out in the rinse bucket. The I grab the second mitt and on to the next section. Rinse that mitt and it goes back into the wash bucket with soap. I rinse with high pressure ( not over 1000 psi) Then dry with either my Griot PFM drying towel or the Guzzler Cobra and I am done. I have since retired my amateur Absorber...which..dont laugh I loved but not for this vehicle! So let me know your favorite mitt for soft finish and for that matter your favorite soap. Thanks!!

Re: Best wash mitt for soft finish

I use lambs wool wash mitt. Black cars and no issues. The less you touch the paint the less chance of swirls. I found drying can cause the most problems. Soooo, take the nozzel off the hose and rinse the car gently from the top down. If you have a good wax job, most of the water will run off. You can blot the rest off instead of dragging a dry towel over the soft paint.

Comment

Re: Best wash mitt for soft finish

Yeah, maybe a few little things you can do...

I tend to use the Meguiars MF mitts, but I put a foam sponge in them and sewed it up... maybe more cushiony....

I use a foam gun on garden hose type sprayer, but I spray on the panel and wash the panel.. maybe that keeps more soap (lubrication) on the surface for me? At least I hope so... I use the #62 Shampoo and Conditioner.

And yeah, more of a flooding rinse will run most of the water off the car, leaving less to dry. Some folks also get a clean leaf blower to blow water off rather than touching it to much.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');