• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow mark on paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow mark on paint

Sorry to bother everyone, I have a question about my car paint.

I noticed that there is a light yellow mark(5 cm long, please see the picture attached) under the gas cap.

The car is less than 1yr old, the colour is white.
    There are no rusts on the yellow mark and the surface of the mark is smooth (no difference to other parts of the car).

Some possible reasons that I believe may caused the mark:

-accumulation of gas spill on that area
    -dealer washed the car and the wheels the day before (maybe some kind of chemical reactions between the car paint and the washing fluid)
    -rail dusts (however there were no dust on the mark and the surface is smooth)

So far, I have tried to clean it with soap, water, non-acetone nail polish, but nothing worked...

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Re: Yellow mark on paint

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

Comment

If the clearcoat is not actually stained with something, you may be able to remove it with Ultimate Polish or Ultimate Compound.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
        If the clearcoat is not actually stained with something, you may be able to remove it with Ultimate Polish or Ultimate Compound.
        Yeah, a pain cleaning product sounds like the thing to try.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');