• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with swirl marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help with swirl marks

it kind of happened the same to me as Blackfordfusion,i tried a test panel on an unwashed car,i cleaned a little just the test section/panel (black mercedes gle 2017) my car isn t affected by scratches,only swirl marks seen in very bright sun,anyways,i used UP first but didn t saw the difference so i used UC i would say that it removed most of the swirl marks,but now i only have very fine swirls,can you help please ?

Maybe i need to use a product such as swirl x so it will not be as harsh as UC,i really don t want to remove much of the clear coat,any advice will help,thanks !
    Hi and sorry to see the excessive marring, this can happen at times when using a compound on more sensitive paints or darker colors. No need to worry, nothing permanent here. What type of applicator pad are you using to apply the product?

Last edited by Alexanderrrr; Nov 29, 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post
      Hi and sorry to see the excessive marring, this can happen at times when using a compound on more sensitive paints or darker colors. No need to worry, nothing permanent here. What type of applicator pad are you using to apply the product?
      it kind of happened the same to me as Blackfordfusion,i tried a test panel on an unwashed car,i cleaned a little just the test section/panel (black mercedes gle 2017) my car isn t affected by scratches,only swirl marks seen in very bright sun,anyways,i used UP first but didn t saw the difference so i used UC i would say that it removed most of the swirl marks,but now i only have very fine swirls,can you help please ?

Maybe i need to use a product such as swirl x so it will not be as harsh as UC,i really don t want to remove much of the clear coat,any advice will help,thanks!
      and if you would like i can provide some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexanderrrr View Post

Maybe i need to use a product such as swirl x so it will not be as harsh as UC,i really don t want to remove much of the clear coat,any advice will help,thanks!
        and if you would like i can provide some photos.

Did you clay bar the car before I suspect this might have been why my car got swirl marks but process wise I ended up doing

wash->clay->UC->UP->UW I got a DA polisher for this and all the swirls came out without a problem

Comment

Before: https://imgur.com/gallery/lEPlra6
          After: https://imgur.com/gallery/zTWgP0o Sorry I don’t have a close up

Comment

Thanks for the reply ! No i did not clay the car,i have everything i need to remove the swirls(clay kit,UC,UP and wax)except a DA or rotary buffer,i did the test spot just to see what i need to use,but i ll guess it ll work great when i prep the car properly,guess i ll stick to hand polishing for now though

Comment

BlackFordFusion
              Glad to see your good results on your new after image.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');