• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wax

Which is meguair's best wax?
    I tried ULW but it kinda wears off quickly

Re: Best wax

Are you judging by just durability? If so, I have found Ultimate Paste Wax to hold up pretty well. A couple of keys to longevity:
    1) Apply to a decontaminated surface. Use a clay bar ar clay bar alternative at a minimum. That will give a smooth surface for you wax/sealant to adhere to.
    2) T o extend your protection, try a nice spray wax like Megs Ultimate Quik Wax. Apply it at least once a month after a wash. This will help prolong your protection.

If you have the time, a coat of Ultimate Paste Wax once every 3 months or so should keep you safely in the protection zone unless your climate is pretty aggressive.

Comment

Before doing the wax, can I wax and polish?

Comment

I am sorry for the wrong post. That is my son trying to help.

My questions are
        *how often can i use ultimate polish
        * is it useful to apply ULW twice

Thanks

Comment

Yes, two coats will give you even coverage. If you are using a very light polish like Ultimate Polish and doing by hand, you could polish often. If polishing by DA, it would depend on pad, speed and pressure. I polish with a light polish twice a year, but with a finishing pad, speed 3 and light pressure to just clean the paint.

Comment

I want to use a seleant before doing wax,does Meguiar's has a seleant product?
            If no, may I know the recommended product for the seleant?

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Gunawan View Post
              I want to use a seleant before doing wax,does Meguiar's has a seleant product?
              If no, may I know the recommended product for the seleant?
              Yes they do. Ultimate Wax, #21 often referred to as M21, Fast Finish, NXT 2.0 are examples of sealants.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');