• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does My Truck Need To Be Dried Before Claying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does My Truck Need To Be Dried Before Claying?

Since this is my first post, I want to say hello to everyone and I am sure glad I found this forum. If I am just going to be doing on section of my truck at a time, like just the hood or finders, do I need to dry that part before claying or just spray the lube on the water and clay the truck?

Re: Does My Truck Need To Be Dried Before Claying?

Don't know if it is correct or not but just last week I clayed my car just after washing it. Lots of water left on the car, sprayed lube on and did the job one section at a time. No issues, no scratches. In fact, it was the the best way for me. Less product, just hose off the clayed section, no wasting drying towels. Something else I am going to try next time is simply use diluted car soap in a bottle spray on a wet car. No store bought, expensive, clay lube. I have read where many simple use car soap as a lube.

Comment

I clay when it is wet, as long as it is not hot, under the sun, etc. Just kind of keep it wet, and dry at the end.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');