• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate compound and polish on my blurry paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate compound and polish on my blurry paint

I have a Ford Focus 2011 panther black - Europe.
    Previous owner although he had the car without any scratches he didn't care about detailing/waxing and car washes left car with bad swirls.
    I started with the hood and applied clay with quick detailer. Then I started using ultimate compound. However I noticed that it made things worse. Initially it got better but after washing it afterwards or wiping with quick detailer I noticed some hazing. However there are some spots that I have made lots of passes and it clear no swirls etc.
    But I think that I should use tape for sectioning

Here are some photos. Ultimate polish makes no difference at all.

is it oxidation, water spots, or clear coat failure? I have issues with water spots etching for sure from windshield cleaners.
    Should I put more effort with UC?

Re: Ultimate compound and polish on my blurry paint

Left side

Right side

Today I worked on right side with hand about 2 hours, it got somewhat better but still swirls

Comment

Welcome to MoL. What is your process? Are you doing this by hand or by machine?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Welcome to MoL. What is your process? Are you doing this by hand or by machine?
        By hand. I applied meguiars wax - the carnauba now and it hide the swirls for now.

Probably I guess that I need a DA polisher.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');