• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray on car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray on car

Hi. New member here.
    So my 2017 grand Cherokee was parked outside when some workers sprayed some pipes on the roof of their house , illegally, and i got some paint particles all of my car. The body of the car feel rough as well the glass and trims.

So, is there away to get rid of the paint without damaging my car's clear coat and make it feel smooth again? And how do I approach that?

Btw, the car was waxed a month ago with meguairs ultimate wax. I don't know if that would help.

Thanks.

Re: Spray on car

Hi, Welcome to MOL!

I would pick-up the red C2100 clay and perform a test spot. Depending on the paint used, it should remove it. In your case, it will help you that your car was just waxed. This will aid in the contaminates being removed.

After claying, you will need to polish the paint with either a polish or AIO to remove the marring from the clay.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
      Hi, Welcome to MOL!

I would pick-up the red C2100 clay and perform a test spot. Depending on the paint used, it should remove it. In your case, it will help you that your car was just waxed. This will aid in the contaminates being removed.

After claying, you will need to polish the paint with either a polish or AIO to remove the marring from the clay.
      I doubt i would find this specific clay. However, i may find Meguiar's

Comment

FAHD2019, Welcome to Meguiar's Online Forums

Here is a link to a thread on the different Meguiar's clays.
        Difference between Meg Aggressive and Mild clays?

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ighlight=c2100

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
          FAHD2019, Welcome to Meguiar's Online Forums

Here is a link to a thread on the different Meguiar's clays.
          Difference between Meg Aggressive and Mild clays?

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ighlight=c2100
          Thanks everyone. I'm sorry if I am asking alot of questions but I've never experienced such things. So bear with me.
          The particles can be removed with my hand but that will ofc screw my paint. So my first option is the smooth surface kit. But after reading the link you posted I'm not sure if I should be worried about the haze.?
          Btw, i will be working with my hand using ultimate polish and ultimate wax liquid.
          Any more input will be appreciated.

Comment

If the less aggressive white clay removes the particles, then that would be the best choice.
            Keep the surface well lubricated and frequently kneed the clay to capture the particles so they do less marring of the surface.
            I will find a video and post in a few minutes.

Comment

It looks like the video is missing.
              Yet here is a link to a good thread with Mike Pennington showing the claying process. Lots of good images.
              Meguiar's Quik Tips Video Series - Claying

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...Series-Claying

Comment

It looks like the video is missing.
                Yet here is a link to a good thread with Mike Pennington showing the claying process. Lots of good images.
                Meguiar's Quik Tips Video Series - Claying

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...Series-Claying
                Thanks it was helpful. So I'm going do the following
                1- wash the car
                2- clay it with smooth kit
                3- ultimate polish. Should i wash it again before polishing?
                4- ultimate wax.
                All by hand . That's a good plan right?

Comment

That should work.

I would wash the car.
                  Then clay one section first and do that section through the polishing as a test first.
                  I am no longer young and energetic. For me, I would then clay and do a panel (roof, hood, or fender) at a time.
                  I would go all the way through waxing each panel as I progressed. That way there would be wax (or sealant) protection on the work I completed.
                  That way I could have a point to restart the next day (or week) on a subsequent panel.

Comment

It might be worth a few minutes browsing the Working By Hand section of the forums.

Comment

That should work.

I would wash the car.
                      Then clay one section first and do that section through the polishing as a test first.
                      I am no longer young and energetic. For me, I would then clay and do a panel (roof, hood, or fender) at a time.
                      I would go all the way through waxing each panel as I progressed. That way there would be wax (or sealant) protection on the work I completed.
                      That way I could have a point to restart the next day (or week) on a subsequent panel.
                      Well that's a good idea cause it's gonna take me alot of time to do all that for sure .

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');