• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on fixing tape line from touchup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on fixing tape line from touchup.

So im fixing some paint issues on a vehicle my friend just bought and the wheel wells arches had been repainted but left this raised line of primer, color, and clear. The grey line you see is essentially a side view of the primer under the touch-up. Whats the best way to go about blending this line back into the fender? It doesn't need to be 100% perfect. The idea we've had to to tape off around the line as little as possible. Sand the line to the factory paint (would expose primer under the touchup). Then use rolled over tape to mask off the sanded area and spray with color. Remove the masking and feather blend the 2k clear into the rest of the panel. I'm very amateur, and I need some advice on how we can get this looking better than it is. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Need advice on fixing tape line from touchup.

probably going to get the same type of replies as ya did on the other forum ya posted this in.

Comment

Re: Need advice on fixing tape line from touchup.

Originally posted by tomsteve View Post
      probably going to get the same type of replies as ya did on the other forum ya posted this in.
      I didnt think it was bad advice. I just want to get as many eyes and opinions as I can before making a decision.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');