• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie and the sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: newbie and the sun

I hope the interfaces are close enough to work for you.

I was born in the NE corner of TN. Know that it can be rural outside of the cities.
    Da Da Dum De Dum (Theme from Deliverance starts to play).

Comment

Above you mentioned
      "I just read the scratch x thread earlier about limited life span of the micro particles,".

I wanted to point out that Scratch X uses (DAT) Diminishing Abrasives Technology".
      The newer Scratch X 2.0 uses (SMAT) Super Micro Abrasives Technology".
      In DAT the particles break down finer as they are worked.
      In SMAT they do not break down.
      The medium they are delivered in can break down in both as they are worked. This can be due to humidity, evaporation, heat of product and heat of finish.

Here is a good article by Mike Philips.
      https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-products.html

The Ultimate Compound you used uses SMAT.

Comment

Another question.perhaps a new thread? Can i use scratch x 2.0 wich i have, on a clear cote (shiny) front plastic ( may be fiberglass?) Spoiler on my dodge ram? Its black,scratches are not deep,they actually are still black but visible.buffing,polishing etc.advisable?.by the way repair of iron remover overspray went well thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');