• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any car wash product that doesn't require manual drying after rinsing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any car wash product that doesn't require manual drying after rinsing?

Even the Hybrid Ceramic Wax requires towel drying to prevent water spots. Is there a product existing or in the works that would air dry without spots after rinsing? Just hose off and walk away. It would have some additive that acts like deionized water which dries spot free.

Re: Any car wash product that doesn't require manual drying after rinsing?

Pretty much a DI water system for your final rinse.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes, I understand that, but I was thinking their engineers would create a chemical additive that would act like DI water does, without the cost of a DI system and its cost of supplies. Now that would be amazing. Rinse with tap water but air dry like DI water. Kind of what UFF has done for waxing, this would do for washing (5-10 minute application of UFF vs. an hour plus with conventional wax). Rinse and walk away, vs. 20+ minutes towel drying plus some areas already dry and spotted before you get to them. I'd pay $20 or $30 a bottle for a car wash product that did that. One rinse with a DI system uses up $4-5 of resin alone the last time I ran the numbers.

Comment

Being able to skip that step is why I wash with the Waterless Wash and Wax Anywhere. I can wash the car with that faster than you can dry it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
          Being able to skip that step is why I wash with the Waterless Wash and Wax Anywhere. I can wash the car with that faster than you can dry it.
          Waterless Wash is fine for light dirt but not very useful for anything more. You still need a hose and brush to clean the tires.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');