• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a trick to using D161?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a trick to using D161?

I've been using D161 the last 2-3 months but I cannot seem to get it to last more than a day or two. Just this last holiday weekend I tried again, applied on Thursday 7/4 (two coats, 1hr apart), did not drive the car all weekend. It rained briefly on 7/6 (still had not moved the car, however it sat outside as it always does). I came out today, 7/7 and its as if I had not dressed the tires at all. I could see if I had driven in the rain etc and the product faded away but in this case I did not.

I prepped the tries by cleaning with Super Degreaser, scrubbing until no more brown and rinsing thoroughly.

The tires are BF Goodrich Advantage T/As...I'm not sure if this brand of tire is notoriously bad at taking tire dressings or not.

My wife's vehicle has Nitto tires and the same dressing seems to last ~4-7 days utilizing the same prep. steps.

I'm kind of stumped at this point. Any tricks to using D161?

Re: Is there a trick to using D161?

I'm guessing that there aren't too many people utilizing D161?

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');