• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is that? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that? Please help

Here is how my hood and part of the roof looks like.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xhj7R5rLjdKLJ7F77

Unfortunately I dont have garage space until I move and car gets covered with lots of spider mites.
    Is this damage caused from these or tree sap left?
    Is it clear coat failure? I am not sure what to do to prevent further damage

Re: What is that? Please help

When clicking you image links, it requires viewers to enter a GOOGLE user id/password. So most of us can not view it.

You can load your image from your PC to your Gallery on this website.
    Then you can add it to a post.

See this thread,
    http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g-Photo-Albums

Comment

Since there is a limit I am posting raw links

Comment

I know you took time to try to capture the best image that you could.
        The two dimensional nature of images makes it hard to tell what is on the surface.

You mentioned "covered in spider mites".
        In the revised image below,:
        Are the white objects in the red outlines white spider mites?
        In this neck of the woods, we get Cheyletiella. It is also known as walking dandruff. The mite burrows under skin and normally is only seen when having a flake of skin covering its semi-transparent body. That gives it the nickname "walking dandruff".
        Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

In the green outline, there is a larger item that could be a transparent mite.

The items outlined in gold could be where the paint is being etched. This could be from irrigation water, small drops from trees, sap or less likely mite excretions/saliva.
        The smallest specs are likely pollen, dust or industrial contaminants.

I think the thing to do, would be to remove the above surface contaminants. This is accomplished by washing that section of the car. Then use a mild clay to see how much of what is in the picture remains in a follow up image.

Here is an older video on claying a paint surface.
        How to clay bar a vehicle. Hosted by Mike Phillips of Meguiar's.For the clay bar used in this video go here: http://goo.gl/cHLwW6

Comment

Thank you for your time. Yes red are mites after wiping with hand. There are 10x more usually.
          Green seems like etching not a bug to me. (Actually image can be zoomed)

I have meguiars clay and quick detailer and had all the hood clayed. I believe problem became more evident after claying. Also this is on my hood I didn't notice anything on the roof.

From distance they are not noticable. I don't know what caused them. I am afraid that they are very deep.

Comment

Since you are up and about this morning, I wanted to ask a couple more questions. The answers might help others help.

Is this the original paint on the hood?
            Is this a two stage, base and clear coat paint?

Comment

Yes it seems to be original. Yes two stage

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');