• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear bra prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear bra prep

So currently I have ULW on my car, I put 3-4 layers on the front bumper over the last few months in an attempt to block bug etching. But my recent rock chip had led me to thinking of putting a clear bra over the vulnerable areas. I intend to buy a small roll from amazon, costs $30 or so, this will guard against rock chip and annoying bug guts that I have to clean after every drive. I would why I haven't thought of this in the first place, and why no one else bothers to do it

My question is, can I do a through cleaning and apply the ppf directly or does the ULW need to be removed? I'm getting mixed answers online, some say all waxes and sealants need to be removes, others say there should be a layer of protection between the film and the paint to aid removal in the future.

What would effectively remove ULW if it had to be removed? I doubt dish soap would work since it's technically a sealant...

Re: Clear bra prep

Give it a good polish and prep wipe using IPA or equivalent. This will allow the PPF to stick to the bare paint.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Clear bra prep

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Give it a good polish and prep wipe using IPA or equivalent. This will allow the PPF to stick to the bare paint.

Thanks for replying. As I don't own a DA, I'm uncertain over how much polishing is required by hand. I'm assuming the goal is to clean up the surface rather than stripping the wax completely?

I have a bottle of 70% IPA solution, is this good enough or should I get the 90%? What dilution rate is optimal? Srry for the noob questions.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');