• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Ceramic wax..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Ceramic wax..

My question is I just did the initial application on my Jeep..now if I use Ultimate Wash and Wax on it will that have any negative affect on the performance of the ceramic wax..

Re: Hybrid Ceramic wax..

Originally posted by 02Rodeo View Post
    My question is I just did the initial application on my Jeep..now if I use Ultimate Wash and Wax on it will that have any negative affect on the performance of the ceramic wax..
    Edit to above post.. Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere...

Comment

Re: Hybrid Ceramic wax..

Originally posted by 02Rodeo View Post
      Yo. This might seem weird but I use HCW and D115 (pro version of UWWA) for the chrome and porcelain in my bathroom. HCW as a base and D115 as a maintenance wipe/wax. Kind of works as an accelerated wear test as there's running water all the time.

As others have mentioned on this forum, any multi-layered protection is going to exhibit the behavior of the topmost coating. D115 seems to be fairly hydrophobic and even more slick than HCW, but HCW has tighter beading. I layer D115 on over the course of weeks as I do maintenance cleans, then once a month I go to town on the coating with acidic cleaner and/or bleach to remove scum and calcium deposits. Back when I had only the D115 it would get stripped about 50% off, but now with HCW as the base layer, it seems to be a lot more chemically resistant - the acid wash seems to actually wash the gunk off and resurface the HCW underneath, and my chrome and porcelain beads like I'd just applied HCW again.

Based on this I'm going to use D115 freely on my HCW-coated car. My thinking is the D115 serves as a short-lived protectant for the durable HCW below that in turn protects my paint.

Appearance-wise, it's a wash for me, but D115 seems ever-so-slightly glossier.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');