• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid ceramic wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid ceramic wax

I currently use ultimate liquid wax. I plan on trying and using hcw over this. I was told that if I choose to reapply ultimate liquid wax down the road I will have to remove the hcw by using a compound. Will no future wax or sealant stick to this ceramic wax?? Is it better to let the coating wear off?? Can

Re: Hybrid ceramic wax

Originally posted by Drmilr View Post
    I currently use ultimate liquid wax. I plan on trying and using hcw over this. I was told that if I choose to reapply ultimate liquid wax down the road I will have to remove the hcw by using a compound. Will no future wax or sealant stick to this ceramic wax?? Is it better to let the coating wear off?? Can
    Well, your wax wont slide off and end up on the floor.... but might not get the real durability/length you would if it was bonded to paint.

I'm looking at the HCW like a spray wax while drying after regular washes, and then doing a full detail with the polish, Ult. Wax, etc a couple times a year as needed.

I did a detail with the polish, Ult Wax, and then HCW for an initial layer a couple weeks ago, and should have a chance to wash again next week and re-apply HCW, so we'll see how it goes.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You don't have to compound it, why remove even a tiny bit of clear coat if you are satisfied with condition of it. You have products that can do that much easier. Like iron removers (Meg's Iron Decon, CarPro Iron X). Me personally to remove wax and start from clean sheet I user CarPro Eraser, it is something like IPA.
      Although can you top traditional sealant over HCW, don't know. It probably wouldn't bond properly.

Comment

People do stuff like this all the time. No need to over think things. People are constantly applying polymer sealants (designed to bond to paint on a molecular level) over all sorts of waxes found in cleaner waxes (usually a carnauba blend) all the time.

Go ahead and apply the ULW, and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');