• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closest equivalent to Ultimate Waterless Wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest equivalent to Ultimate Waterless Wash?

A little birdie told me that the closest professional line equivalent to Ultimate Waterless Wash would be Last Touch. Is this correct? I'm not a pro, but would like to order in bulk to reduce cost. (I'm a chauffeur, and use the waterless method almost exclusively, and very frequently)

Thanks,
    Greg

Re: Closest equivalent to Ultimate Waterless Wash?

Originally posted by V8Caprice View Post
    A little birdie told me that the closest professional line equivalent to Ultimate Waterless Wash would be Last Touch. Is this correct? I'm not a pro, but would like to order in bulk to reduce cost. (I'm a chauffeur, and use the waterless method almost exclusively, and very frequently)

Thanks,
    Greg
    They are a bit different. The last touch is good for light dirt, dust.....

The waterless wash products are meant for a bit more dirt.

I think you would want this, if it is there...

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks. That product you suggested is designed to be diluted, which concerns me - my suspicion about the Ultimate Waterless Wash is that it doesn't contain much water at all, and that's why it's so effective. It just seems to disappear too quickly (whilst buffing) for me to believe it has much water - I'm wondering whether it instead uses a special "vanishing oil" or something like that.
      If the Last Touch is only a BIT different, perhaps I'll give it a go - my car rarely gets very dirty, so it might actually be a reasonable substitute.

Comment

Last Touch is a quick detailer that can be diluted to be used as a clay lube.

D115 is a waterless wash that is dilutable. It is what you are looking for.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

D115 is a *rinseless* wash. Is it supposed to be used UN diluted as well, as a waterless wash?

Comment

The Guz: ok, ok - you're right - sorry. D115 is definitely designed to be used also in a spray & wipe ("waterless") fashion. I also found a link where it was stated that D115 (diluted) is essentially the same as Wash & Wax Anywhere. How close is Wash & Wax Anywhere to Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax?

Has anyone here actually compared D115 (diluted 4:1?) to Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax?

Comment

Ah ha! The two are one and the same I think - it's "Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax Anywhere". My bottle doesn't have the "Anywhere" on it, but I can see images on the 'net that DO have the word "Anywhere" on the label - just a minor naming change I assume. It's G3626 for both.

If a 4:1 solution of D115 is identical, I'm genuinely surprised - I wouldn't have thought it would have that much water in it, going by the way it behaves. I'll get some D115 and try it. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I think I now know why the "little birdie" suggested Last Touch - as far as I can tell, D115 is not available here in Australia!

Comment

I use both 3626 and D115.
                  Primarily, I use D115 diluted 4:1. Four parts distilled water. Overall there is cost savings.
                  Differences that I find.
                  Because of the D115 savings, I use more product and a finer spray nozzle for more even coverage. This is safer for the paint, by having more lubrication.
                  There is a color difference, G3626 is white, while D115 is a baby blue with a touch of red.
                  There is a difference in the fragrances.
                  D115 leaves a mix of carnuba wax and polymer sealant.

Similarities:
                  Just lots of them and both are good products.
                  I use good towel management with both.
                  I try to never use part of the towel for more than one initial wipe.
                  Fold the microfiber towel into eighths.
                  I spray product on. Then from a clean spot of that section of towel, I roll the microfiber towel as I wipe.
                  The goal is to not rub dust into the paint.
                  I use a different microfiber towel folded in 1/8ths to dry, lightly buff to finish as I go.

Note: D114 may no longer be available in your area or mine.

Comment

Thanks Old Bear. You say D115 leaves a mix of carnauba & polymers - does that differ to the G3626?
                    Btw - D115 is definitely not available in my area. �� (checked with the distributor)

Comment

From Mike Stoops
                      " Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere is a ready to use spray that does contain a hydrophobic polymer for added protection."
                      =============

Post # 3 of thread named:
                      Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ighlight=G3626

Also the use of the "Ultimate" in the name implies polymer.
                      Meguiar's folks are welcome to correct me, should I have made an error.

Comment

Thanks again. Btw, I still think a lighter/thinner product (like Last Touch) could be applicable for me, given the high frequency of cleaning. Usually, I am in fact just removing loose dust & dirt, because I keep the car very clean. So, one option I'm considering is using Last Touch for most cleaning, and only use the UWW for heavier cleaning.
                        I suppose another idea is to use diluted UWW for the light cleaning.
                        Unfortunately for Meguiars, I am also investigating a competitor's waterless wash concentrate, simply because I can't get D115.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');