• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coating new rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coating new rims?

I've got a set of new rims on their way. What a chance to really clean/seal them before mounting them. I have UFF which I love on my paint. If I really take my time and layer maybe 3 coats will I get long lasting protection (1 yr+) or would the Hybrid Ceramic be a better choice. I'm tempted to try some of the 'high end' stuff, but don't want to drop $60-150 for something off the internet based on glowing reviews. I got the stuff plus know-how to prep them properly. Thanks...................the Mailman

Re: coating new rims?

You won't get a year plus with either product. More like a few months before it is completely gone.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I hand wash and detail and never run thru the auto-wash. If that's the best I can hope for with meticulous prep and application I might have to try one of the high end products. A buddy is having great results with the Mother's ceramic coating. Please tell me I don't have to jump ship....................the Mailman

Comment

Even the mothers coating is not that durable. There are many videos on youtube. A true ceramic coating will get you longer term results. Or you could look into the spray and rinse spray sealants that can be used every so often.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');