• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plast-X on glass headlight lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plast-X on glass headlight lenses?

Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I last posted here. Today I did a basic detail on my neighbors Jeep Patriot and noticed that the headlight lenses were a bit foggy. So I thought I'd use some Plast-X to try to clear them up a bit. Unfortunately, it barely helped.

My concern is that after I used the Plast-X, it dawned on me that the headlights may have been glass. I tapped on them and it almost sounded like a glass lens, but I couldn't tell for sure. If they were glass, is the Plast-X going to screw them up down the road? I didn't notice anything change after, but my concern is how it will be with time.

Re: Plast-X on glass headlight lenses?

If they are glass, no big deal. Maybe just needed some dirt removed.

If they are plastic is where you'll want to watch. The fogging is usually the UV coating coming off, and the bare plastic oxdizing. So you'll want to wax or seal them, or it will just happen quickly again.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');