• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie Detailer with Haze on Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Detailer with Haze on Paint

I have a 2000 Ford F150 which the paint was not taken care of, its black and I have photos but cannot seem to load them. I used a black and decker buffer (don't hate - I'm poor or I would be driving a new truck) with ultimate compound several times and then ultimate polish. The paint is smooth but hazy. Any ideas? I'll be glad to add photos if someone would give me a hint about that as well.

Thanks!

Re: Rookie Detailer with Haze on Paint

Are you using the terrycloth bonnets?

If all the swirls and scratches are gone, try and find some foam bonnets to use with the Ultimate Polish - assuming you have the B&D orbital, and not the rotary.

Comment

Re: Rookie Detailer with Haze on Paint

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
      Are you using the terrycloth bonnets?

If all the swirls and scratches are gone, try and find some foam bonnets to use with the Ultimate Polish - assuming you have the B&D orbital, and not the rotary.
      ============
      It is a random orbital and I used the foam that came with it for the UC and the terrycloth for the polish. Also when using compound, do I use the orbital until all the compound is gone or until there is a little left and wipe it with a cloth? It's very smooth and looks better wet but dries to a milky haze. The paint was like sandpaper but is at least now smooth. I have purchased some foam pads like you have in your photo and I am working on converting my orbital to hook and loop.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');