• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best scenario for applying UFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best scenario for applying UFF

Hey, all. I need some help, regarding Ultimate Fast Finish. I am considering the following scenarios:

a) Wash, dry and apply UFF
    b) Wash, dry, apply Ultimate Quick Detailer, apply UFF
    c) Wash, dry, apply Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, apply UFF

Here are some of the questions I need help with:

1. Which scenario will provide the best bonding of UFF with car paint and why? How will each differ and affect durability of UFF?

2. If I use UQD or UWWA, before UFF, do I need to allow any curing time?

3. The first time I applied UFF, I followed scenario "c" (UWWA+UFF). The paint felt very slick, almost oily to be honest and would not "dry" no matter how much I went over it with towels. Do you think UWWA right before applying UFF is not good practice?

Thanks.

Re: Best scenario for applying UFF

Originally posted by rogue_tog View Post
    Hey, all. I need some help, regarding Ultimate Fast Finish. I am considering the following scenarios:

a) Wash, dry and apply UFF
    b) Wash, dry, apply Ultimate Quick Detailer, apply UFF
    c) Wash, dry, apply Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, apply UFF

Here are some of the questions I need help with:

1. Which scenario will provide the best bonding of UFF with car paint and why? How will each differ and affect durability of UFF?

2. If I use UQD or UWWA, before UFF, do I need to allow any curing time?

3. The first time I applied UFF, I followed scenario "c" (UWWA+UFF). The paint felt very slick, almost oily to be honest and would not "dry" no matter how much I went over it with towels. Do you think UWWA right before applying UFF is not good practice?

Thanks.
    1. Yeah, just using scenario A is what would be intended.

2. Well, probably wouldnt hurt if you did... as noticed, could interact weird.

3. Not sure why you are washing and then washing again... that seems a bit of a waste. Most people would either:

A. Wash and Wax Anywhere
    or
    B. Wash then Spray Wax

Also, if you are looking for the UFF to dry, you are probably using too much. You really shouldnt see much going on.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey Murr1525, thanks for taking the time to reply.

3. Not sure why you are washing and then washing again... that seems a bit of a waste.
      The reason for "double washing" is that I have to drive from the car wash to my garage, which is a few miles away. So, I am just trying to make sure the car is actually clean before applying UFF.

Also, if you are looking for the UFF to dry, you are probably using too much. You really shouldnt see much going on.
      That could be the case. Not sure if it was excess UWWA or UFF.

Comment

Well, the UQD does leave a coating on the paint.

You might be better off to look for something like the regular Quick Detailer, or one of the pro-line versions like Last Touch or Final Inspection. They would probably be cheaper overall, and not leave coatings.

Comment

I think i used it every scenario you give

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Well, the UQD does leave a coating on the paint.

You might be better off to look for something like the regular Quick Detailer, or one of the pro-line versions like Last Touch or Final Inspection. They would probably be cheaper overall, and not leave coatings.
            Ok, but since Meguiar's does mention several times that UFF works as LSP l, after waxing, do coatings really matter? (just pointing out what I have read, I would also assume on my own that a sealant would need bare metal to bond).

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
              I think i used it every scenario you give
              And? Did you notice any differences?

Comment

Well, if you put a sealing coat down fresh, then apply the UFF heavily... might account for the streaking...

Is the car wash a coin-op type place where you do it yourself?

Comment

@Murr1525

Actually there is one coin op, and they are carrying Meguiar's products. I just want to confirm first that the machines also use Meg's products, just to be safe.

I am considering using it as a touchless wash (don't trust their horse hair brush tbh), then dry and apply all my magic stuff on the spot.

Comment

I've switched to the Hybrid Ceramic Wax for the inbetween washes, and it seems pretty easy to use, and could be applied at the coin-op place before you dry.

Comment

And? Did you notice any differences?
                      nope, works everytime. UFF is a LSP so i guess it dosent care what you have under

Comment

@Murr1525

I assume you only apply HCW using method 1 (with towel).
                        Anyway, I got the UFF can now and would like to make to most out of it.

Comment

@Murr1525

I assume you only apply HCW using method 1 (with towel).
                          Anyway, I got the UFF can now and would like to make to most out of it.
                          Well, first time is method one, rinse, then spray, then dry.

Second time is rinse, spray lighter mist, rinse, dry.

Yeah, I have a can of UFF as well.. but works good for door frames....

Comment

"3. The first time I applied UFF, I followed scenario "c" (UWWA+UFF). The paint felt very slick, almost oily to be honest and would not "dry" no matter how much I went over it with towels. Do you think UWWA right before applying UFF is not good practice?"
                            ===
                            Is it possible that you were in high humidity?
                            Is it possible that a marine layer was moving in from offshore, especially just before sundown?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');