• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The don't after applying ceramic wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The don't after applying ceramic wax

I washed the car, clay it, then applied meguiars ceramic wax on my Subaru Outback 2015 2.5i limited. Great job! I like the finish as is.

Now, what would be the proper procedure of cleaning?

Use only a shampoo with no additives ( meguiar's product?)

Can I use meguiar's Quick detailer to remove bird drops or insects... Or should I carry a spray bottle that contains only a pre-mix of water and shampoo?

Thanks,
    Andy

Re: The don't after applying ceramic wax

I'll be doing my wife’s car soon, I am wondering if it's easier to apply and buff with swirls X compared to ultimate compound. I will be using meguiars DA attachment to a drill (max speed 1,500 rpm).

Thanks,
    Andy

Comment

Yes, just wash the car like normal, then spray over the Ceramic Wax in a light mist, rinse well and dry.

Yes, you can use any of the quick detailer type products.

For swirl removal, generally you would need the Ult Compound as it is stronger... dont try to work too fast... the drill attachment works but a bit slower going than a proper DA. You may want to just look at a bit each day. Then re-wash and wax at the end.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr covered it. The only thing I would add is to carry a bottle of waterless wash to remove bird dropping or insects rather than a detail spray. A waterless wash has more cleaning power.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I tried with my dewalt 12v cordless drill. Battery dead after 15 minutes, I switched to my cord drill. I start slowly and raise the speed as i go. It took me about 45 minutes for two doors. Nice finish.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');