• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 or Ultimate compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105 or Ultimate compound?

So, the Ultimate compound is empty. Mr Nick winn told me to grab M205 for polish, what can i say love it. So should i go all in with the M105/205 combo or is the Ultimate compound better?

Its a "Black magic pearl" Volkswagen 2002. I learned that its a hard paint (All German cars are)

Is the M105 "beginner friendly" as Ultimate compound, or should i run in some trouble with that one?

Re: M105 or Ultimate compound?

M105 has its quirks that can cause some frustration with the short working time, dusting and hard wipe off. Which is why others choose to go to M100 or M101. M110 is really nice. It has a long working time and I have not had any dusting like the other M100 and M101. It may not have as much cut but that is ok with all the other positives with this compound. I would look into M110 or stick with ultimate compound.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I've used both M105 and UC. I never liked M105 as it dusted _everywhere_. Seemed like I spend as much time cleaning it up as I did using it. I really like UC as it has a long work time and does not dust. It is almost as aggressive as M105 so no real lose there.

Comment

Oh oki Then i keep using what i always been using then. Thank you for your input!

Comment

M105 was great about 10-12 years ago. then something changed and dust galore. i did notice more working time/less dusting when i used it in cooler temps-45-55 degrees.
          i switched to M100 and love it.

Comment

Hows M110 compare to the Ultimate Compound?

Comment

Originally posted by tomsteve View Post
              M105 was great about 10-12 years ago. then something changed and dust galore. i did notice more working time/less dusting when i used it in cooler temps-45-55 degrees.
              i switched to M100 and love it.
              Think i'll stick with Ultimate compound, or M100. Not sure really. Everything kinda went out the window, thought i had a winning combination M105/205. The newwer line M110/210 is for softer paint i read, VW does rock hard ones

Comment

M110 is not just for soft paint. It may not have as much cut as M100 or M101 but it is more than capable. I would choose it for the fact that there is practically zero dusting and a long working time. M210 on the other hand was designed to finish out on those more finicky paints where M205 struggled.

If I was looking to get into the pro line then I would own M110, M205 and M210.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                  M110 is not just for soft paint. It may not have as much cut as M100 or M101 but it is more than capable. I would choose it for the fact that there is practically zero dusting and a long working time. M210 on the other hand was designed to finish out on those more finicky paints where M205 struggled.

If I was looking to get into the pro line then I would own M110, M205 and M210.
                  Would you consider M110 as a beginner tool? M205 was really no problem at all. Am working with MT300 and the foam cutting disc (yellow for M205 ofcourse)

Comment

Yes I would consider it user friendly for any beginner.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                      Yes I would consider it user friendly for any beginner.

Great and "user friendly" was the word i was looking for ^^ Last but not least, good morning to you, realized you're 9 hours behind us, timewise

Comment

It's been a while since I used M105, but I'm thinking of picking up a bottle of it to test the short cycle abilities of it - but not before I pick up the M110.

I've been able to short cycle M201 and M100 to great effect. While I really like M100, I feel like the composition of M105 will allow for more thorough pad cleaning.

I did a new truck with my detailing partner, a black Sierra if I remember correctly. I used m205 on blue Buff and Shine, and a 1st gen Porter Cable 7424, speed 4. Started with three small drops of polish, and reloaded with 1 or 2, very light pressure. Blazed right through the light car wash marks, and left an incredible gloss. He was on the passenger side with his Rupes 21, yellow Rupes pad, and Ultimate Polish. I remember him saying: "you're done already?" Yep! Once the defect was removed, I wiped off the residue and moved on.. I want to see if I can do this with the M105. I don't think I have it it's proper due using an orbital. On the rotary with a wool pad, M105 was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');